Hi guys.pls need some help with buying hooks.i hav

MadCarper

Sealiner
KUSAF wrote:
One thing that ive seen over the years is that a lot of guys have lost fish by using the wrong hooks for the wrong application. ........... The main outcome of the results were that if you get a poor hook hold and the pressure exerted on the fish especially with braid-leadcore was that the hook will bend because all the force is at the wrong place. If you do the tests where you get tension on the bend of the hook we got much better results. The two main contributors for this was blunt hooks(from the packet or reuse) and rig mechanics not working properly due to incorrect hook selection for the required rig.

((goodp_

KUSAF I have been saying that for years on the forum, yet no-one ever listened lol. I agree 100%. Poor hookholds as a result of rigs not working correctly is a major cause of lost fish and very often hooks that open up... Its not always the hook.
 

KUSAF

Senior Member
MadCarper wrote:

((goodp_

KUSAF I have been saying that for years on the forum, yet no-one ever listened lol. I agree 100%. Poor hookholds as a result of rigs not working correctly is a major cause of lost fish and very often hooks that open up... Its not always the hook.[/quote]

Hi Johann

Heres a quote for you. "We know that the nature of genius is to provide idiots with ideas twenty years later" Louis Aragon

Well im off to a secret location, lets call it area 51, where I will be doing some bass fishing and prefeeding for a session next weekend.

Enjoy your weekend and tight lines.

Johnno stay safe on the roads and dont wear a zimbabwean cap while cycling.
 
KUSAF wrote:
MadCarper wrote:

((goodp_

KUSAF I have been saying that for years on the forum, yet no-one ever listened lol. I agree 100%. Poor hookholds as a result of rigs not working correctly is a major cause of lost fish and very often hooks that open up... Its not always the hook.

Hi Johann

Heres a quote for you. "We know that the nature of genius is to provide idiots with ideas twenty years later" Louis Aragon


Well im off to a secret location, lets call it area 51, where I will be doing some bass fishing and prefeeding for a session next weekend.

Enjoy your weekend and tight lines.

Johnno stay safe on the roads and dont wear a zimbabwean cap while cycling.[/quote]


Lol, just watch out for the FBI
 

Beeslek

New member
Kusaf.

Thanks very much for the offer,there are 11 tackle shops in this town,not 1 stocks any decent specimen tackle.I agree with your views on rigs,I even did it to myself once.I unknowingly made the gap between hookbend and bait too small,lost a lot of fish due to poor hookups,took me 6 months to figure out why.It was the same bottom bait rig I've used for years,but that small mistake made a massive difference.I also agree that different brands have different tackle items that are better than others.For example,I won't use Korda hooks,but their anti tangle sleeves and shrink tubing is the best ever.

The ultimate sophistication is simplification.

@Plonk.

'In the bush' is just a metaphor,sometimes it's even hard to find bread and milk in this town.
 

Kosie

New member
I agree with Fox, Ace, Solar, Gardner and KKarp hooks, I personally also like ESP hooks. I also dont fall for the Korda hype. With Korda's marketing team Docks wil also sound like the best.
 
Top