Hi Guys. I am relocating from Johannesburg to C

Keithm18

New member
Hi Guys.

I am relocating from Johannesburg to Cape Town Next Week.

I have a an 18ft bowrider with a single motor. My two sons and I often go out to Bronkies, Witbank and Rynfield Dam up here for some tubing and a little fishing.

I am hoping someone can be kind enough to suggest a few places in the Cape where I can launch and make use of the water.

My wife is not a camper so day trips are ideal for us.

Someone told me there is a dam where you can boat in Stellenbosch. Does anyone know of anything within 100 Km's or less of the Northern Suburbs?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
 

LeonK

Member
Plenty dams around cape town

Theewaterskloof outside villiersdorp - 90km max
Kwaggas and brandvlei outside worcester - 90km max
Misverstand dam outside clanwilliam - a little bit further

To name a few

Enjoy the cape
 

Keithm18

New member
Hi Guys. Thanks for the great advice. I am trying to put a small trip together for Brandvlei in the first weekend of January.

Has anyone been to Zeekoivlei recently. I see a lot of bad posts from 2009 - 2010 on this site but nothing recent.

Water quality is important as I don't want my kids tubing in water that will make them sick...
 

LeonK

Member
Keith, for now, rather avoid zeekoeivlei as it is not a family venue

If you would like the kids to enjoy the trip, take them to brandvlei, theewaters, bulshoek or misverstand
 

Keithm18

New member
Thanks again for the replies and advice guys. I have booked a weekend at Brandvlei at the Worcester Yacht Club during the first weekend of January.

It looks good on the internet and isn't too pricy when I compare it to places like Witbank and Bronkies up North.

Anything I need to look out for here?
 

gt40

Senior Member
You should rather go to kwaggaskloof. brandvlei is scare when any wind has the 'w' in.very dangerous.it become worst than the see.

some spots on the breede, just be careful bout western cape wind and dam depths
 
Top