Hi Guys, I am not a true believer in the 1 millio

Masegat

New member
Hi Guys,

I am not a true believer in the 1 million different concentrates that are available, but I know there are a few that really work well.

Seeing that the banks of most of our rivers are overgrown with Eucalyptus sp, I am thinking that it might be a safe natural food source for the carp and therefor a good scent to use to target the more weary carp?

What are your experience with ''natural'' concentrates?

Please help.
 

HennieB

Sealiner
Quality baits and bait placement are far more important. While flavours do have a role in carp fishing I feel a good rig in the right place will rather catch weary or big carp.
 

Beeslek

New member
There is no doubt that artificial flavour concentrates catch carp,that has been proven over many years.But I don't believe there is a single magic bait,flavour or natural extract that will single out bigger fish.I have been fishing the Vaal river my whole life,you literally catch whatever swims past your bait first.It is simply a case of having a decent bait at the right place at the right time.Carp are omnivores,I would rather collect some of their natural food favourites like crabs,shrimps,watersnails or mussels,and incorporate that into your bait somehow.

That said,I definitely prefer the natural route.I hardly ever use artificial flavours.I use things like various spices,honey,molasses and natural extracts,if I can find them.I am currently experimenting with making my own extracts,going well so far but it's a long process.I also make some of my bait ingredients at home,like crushed hemp,tigers etc,since they are not readily available at reasonable prices.
 
Top