Hi Guys I am going to Kosi Bay in December to do

zach

New member
Hi Guys

I am going to Kosi Bay in December to do some artlure fishing in the lakes.Anybody know how the fishing have been lately.
 

Bluefin

New member
Hi Zach,

December will be a good time for Kosi. At the moment things there aren't the best but there a re a few fish still around. You should get hold of Blackfin's "Discovering Kosi Bay" DVD. They explain how to fish there, which areas for which fish as well as the surrounding area's such as black rock etc. It also explains what permits you need etc.Its a must if you are planning a trip there. Also gets the blood going before you get there.

Cheers,
Bluefin
 

Ozymandias

New member
That Blackfin DVD on Kosi Bay is one of the best Fishing DVD's I have seen.

Zach, I am heading to Kosi next week, I think I might be there a bit early, but its a beautiful place to blank if you have too. Will let you know how it goes... Hopefully I get my first GT! Like Bluefin said, if you watch that DVD, it will definitely get the pulse going, and the confidence up.
 

zach

New member
Thanks for the response guys. I have got Blackfin's CD It is awesome.I have been to Kosi a few times best fishing was in 3 rd lake got some nice big eye kingies on Rapala skitter pops.Any feedback on your favourite spots.
 

POSTHUD

New member
Hi Zach,

Have a look at this website www.fishingowl.co.za, fly-fishing reports on Kosi bay are done by Scotty Kyle on a regular basis, and seeing that he has been living and fishing there for the past 20 years his input would be invaluable.

Also search for a previous article from MARSHIE in this thread - I gave him some advice on fishing spots both in the lakes and surrounding surf locations.

I will be visting the area mid October, unfortunately making babies kept me away from the area for far too long. The wife is not too chuffed as my second son will only be to weeks old when I go...
 
Top