Hi Guys How about putting your favorite combo f

YzeOne

New member
Tell me how right or wrong am I with the following combo :

Rod : Daiwa Exeller

Reel : Daiwa BG20


Line : 12lb Berkely Fireline with 40cm 24 lb Flourocarbon leader
 

duckbill

Senior Member
i use this combo when spinning/dropshot for small leries:

rod: elbe 6ft6 dropshot/spinning (medium action)
reel: shimano grinder (2500)
line: 3.6 kg kingfisher
lures: mustad and kingfished
 

Jacquesdw

Senior Member
Out of the only two I have my favorite is:

7' Sensation Passion Stick ML (1/8 to 1/2 oz)

Diawa Exceller 3000

15lbs Mustard Ultra Braid

Maxima FC leader either 12 or 20 lbs
 

Marshie

Senior Member
  • Fenwick 7ft HMG medium / heavy[/*]
  • Daiwa Tierra 2500, Suffix 20lb
[/*]
Now if I could just win the lotto I would upgrade the Daiwa to a Stella 4000.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Current Set up:

  • Rod: TFO 7ft Heavy Action 3 piece spinning rod[/*]
  • Reel: Shimano Sustain 4000 Fe[/*]
  • Line Fireline Crystal 10Lbs
[/*]
Ultimate:

  • G. Loomis 7Ft Medium Heavy[/*]
  • Shimano Stella 4000Fd[/*]
  • Fireline[/*]
 

Andz

Senior Member
I have shimano 8'6" "charter" fast action graphite rod
was very happy wit the results this past week
i think i had the biggest rod of the dropshotters that where there with me, but nothing went past wit out me feeling it

& shimano sidestab 4000re CGrinder
loaded with berkley 10lb fireline wit +- 3m of 25lb Maxima floro carbon leader

& lotsa berkley lures.....

btw i have the little berkley buckets & 2 of them dont seem to be closing properly...any of u guys have the same problem
 

WaterHond

Senior Member
Hi Baardman,

I got the 8' Sensation Passion Stick, with diawa exceller 3500E and 20lb braid and 50lb fluoro.

What length leader do you use, that last eye looks very small... Do you have trouble when casting?
 

YzeOne

New member
When I bought my kit , I asked the same question  & the salesman said that a 400mm/40cm leader was sufficient. So that's what I use. I just make sure that the double uni knot joining the fireline to the flouro leader is outside the eyes before casting.I have not had any problems since. my 2c !
 

willo

Sealiner
i enjoy the exceller 8ft rod and the 2500 exceller reel with heavier of the to spools filled with 10lb suffix braid(275m) and 12lb maxima fluoro leader,fantastic alrounder

on the other spool for the skiddish fish 4lb vanish,4lb crystal f-line and back 4lb vannish fluoro with the same rod. (not sure if berkley vanish has hit the selfs there yet,its about R130 for 250yd in oz,where maxima fluoro was about R45 for 50yd)iv been fishing it resonible hard-hasn't failed yet
 

ignoblis

Senior Member
I have been using the Vanish Fluoro ( in SA)for over a year now but find that it doesn't tie as well as other FCs

ignoblis
 

DropShot76

New member
Light outfit:
Shimano Nexave 6'6", Daiwa regal 2500, 10lb braid

Heavier Outfir: 8'0" Passion Stick, Diawa Exceller 3500E, 19 LB braid
 
Top