hi fellow anglers my younger brother has just go

clinton101

New member
hi fellow anglers

my younger brother has just got into carp fishing and has been doing pretty well over the past months,but unfortunately he doent have his own equipment, i would like to get him a decent carp rod and reel any suggestions!! sorry for my lack of knowledge on carp fishing:fbash
 

dewalds

Member
Welcome to sealine!

I think we would firstly need to know how big your brother is, and secondly, what is your budget?
 

clinton101

New member
well my brother is 15 he is about 1.8m and well price shouldnt be a problem just as long as its not an astronomical amount!!

appreciate any feedback:)
 

dewalds

Member
I would go with something like an sensational Bazooka, in 10ft or 12ft, depending on what your brother is comfortable with.

Reel wise I would go with any of the Shimano Baitrunners (5000 for the 10ft and 6000 or 8000 for the 12ft)

Hope this helps!
 

Naruto

Sealiner
Also have a look at the Sensation Rockets. Fitted withe low-rider guides, its probably one of the better off-the-shelf casting rods out there. Taking his length into account I would suggest a 12 or 13ft.

Check out the videos on casting at the top of this section...
 

GregB1

New member
Hi there i would definatly try get the sensation thunder bolt 10 foot, its easy to cast and he will get good distance. I personally think that a 12f will be to long for him as i am 1.8 and use the 11f old sensation bazookas, and have found that i cant get as much distance with the 12f rods. I feel more coumfortable with the 10 and 11 foot rods. I also think the new sensation bazooka delux will be a good rod but it might be a little to stiff for him to use if he is not used to stiff rods.

 

Just my 2cents:SSS
 

GregB1

New member
Its what u most comfortable with???? i dont see a 15 year old kid using a heavy 13 foot rod, catching 40 or 50 fish with that 13 foot will put his arms to sleep..

 

Ayoba what are your current distinces with the 10 and 13f rods?????
 

AYOBA!

Sealiner
have never actually measured the distance but I do go much further with the 13's, at least 40meters, estimated guess would be max distance of about 120, it could be the type of rods that are not the same?
 

Naruto

Sealiner
10' rods are not really used as distance rods. More for feeding all day long up to approx. 80m. If he just want nice standard rods for casting up to 120m I would suggest the 12' Blue Marlin Vectras or Okuma Compitition Pro signature series. Bothese go for about R400-R500.
 

Naruto

Sealiner
GregB1 wrote:
Its what u most comfortable with???? i dont see a 15 year old kid using a heavy 13 foot rod, catching 40 or 50 fish with that 13 foot will put his arms to sleep..

 

Ayoba what are your current distinces with the 10 and 13f rods?????
A 15 year old that is already 1.8m tall...
 

GregB1

New member
i am using 11 foot rods and i get distances of 120m and when i use a 12ft rod i get 120m also so i feel more comfortable with the 11foot rods and i feel i have more accuracy with them also.

 

But i will say again it is all down to personal preferance what works for my casting technique wont always work for everyone elses.
 

StefS

New member
I recently got a Sensation Demon; looked at the Thunderbolt (recommended by most shops) but I thought it to be a little stiff so I settled on the Demon 12'. I comfortably get what looks to me like 60-80m, could be 100m. (Been out of the fishing game a while so I'm still settling back in) 

Next rod will possibly be a Rocket/Thunderbolt. I'm 1.83m tall.

 
 
Top