Hi, Check out the new Exceller spinning reel.Di

Shimaiwa

New member
Love the whole "simplified bail mechanism" and "manual bail trip", was mad beyond words when I lost a prized bucktail when the bail closed mid-cast, went and removed the auto-close switch immediatly. Although it isn't exactly hard to simplify the bail mechanism. I'd say they are just bigger size excelers, not a bad thing!
 

Tristar

Banned
This Exceler looks very nice!

Have ordered and waiting delivery anyday now of a pair of Saltist 4500 H spinning reels.

The Exceler and Saltist 4500 H look very similar and have same spool line capacity (440 yds 40lbs braid, probably about 600+ yds 16-18 lbs braid).

Obvious difference is Exceler line retrieve rate is 4.7:1 while Saltist 4500 H is 6.2:1.

In the US the Exceler 4500 sells for about US$ 140-00 (R 1036-00 @ R7.40 to $1) and the Saltist 4500 H for about US$ 200-00 (R 1480-00 @ 7.40 to $1).

I am sure I will be happy with the Saltist spinning reels for light surf spoon and plug spinning, but compared it seems almost identical reels, the one just with slower retrieval rate.

Anybody from the SA agents, these look like winners - what are your intentions here, when can we expect them in South Africa? 
 

Office Hours

New member
I am a big fan of the exceller range. I would go for that one. I am using the exceller 2000 (yes, the 2000) for 6kg yellowtail and it is amazing fun. It has stood up to them for a year and a half now, so the proof is in the eating.
 
Top