Hi All Is see a lot of people talking about the

Catch-On

New member
Hi All

Is see a lot of people talking about the R50 dam in Alberton (Rus in Ordbi)

I've also been fishing there for a couple of years now.

Not too many big fish coming out there, think the biggest I've caught there was 4kg or so, I have however seen a almost 7kg carp coming out on kaboem mielies in the past, they caught him not even 3m from the bank.

Just wondering out of all the other sealiners out there, how many people goes fishing there still and what's the biggest carp / baber / bass that came out of that dam.

Maybe we can all organize a lekker friendly fishing trip there one day.....

:fishn:wfish
 

Fishpaste

Sealiner
Been there once and didn’t like it...the people on the two opposing banks throw over each other’s lines. All fisherman knows that the fish are all on the other bank, right there where someone else is sitting... :fbash didn't like the place at all...
 

dewalds

Member
Hi Goomble

I fish the venue a lot. I'm actually going tomorrow (friday) again! Hahaha. I know of a 8kg carp that came out a few weeks ago. Also, I've seen a 10kg grasscarp come out there.

I'm not to sure about the largest barble? My biggest there is only about 4kg. And sadly, I've only managed small bass at the venue.

Overall I like the venue a lot! Its close to home, and its allways a chalenging venue to fish. Its a lot better in the summer months though. I'll be game for a social outing sometime!
 

Micks

New member
Im in for a social as well. Live close to the dam, but never managed to pick up more than 4 fish for the day there.
 

fishinggirl

New member
Nice place for the entire family, what I don't like is when the first 3 or 4 cars enter the gate they book a lapa in the meantime by putting a rod or cooler bag or something that put you under the impression it belongs to someone, although you don't see the someones nor their car. Two hours later the someones will rock up to take their places booked by their pals that arrived early as myself. It is not pleasant anymore, what is the use to arrive early but don't get a decent place under the lapa. Wish I knew how to report this.
 

dewalds

Member
Hi Fishing girl

Your best bet would be to have a chat with Matilda (the lady colecting the money/slips). My opinion/sentiment is that if nobody is at the lapa, no car, and no tackle set up there, with only a random chair or sod under the lapa is that the person forgot it there the previous day...

If I arive and find just a chair or a rod under the lapa, with no one fising the spot I'll simply take the chair or rod to Matilda, state that it was forgotten there, and fish the spot.
 

Carp king

Member
Love this dam as well dont get to fish it that much my biggest there is 4.5kg and the most ive ever caught there is 32 fish 6 hours. i like to sit on the opposite side right at the start as you can cast into the bay by the rondavels.
 
Top