Hi All I am currently in the market for a set o

Enigma

Moderator
Practising with Bol helps to create the realistic dynamics of actual fishing

I do build a number of long range casting rods. I have the Whole range of DC and Rugged extreme blanks.

DC Oval standard is a 1-4oz blank and will outcast the G2 with large weights up to 115gr (4oz with a small bol)

DC Rugged is a 12' Super version of the Oval DC and throws up to 5oz with skilletie and a number of GN anglers have gone over 200m using it and the GN carp teams use these as standard for long range and for long range spodding as they fish a minimu diameter of 0.25mm line.

Marius Rusch used one of these at the Champions of Champions final at Harties and beat me into 2nd place by catching a carp at 213m

I am currently also busy with a long rod based on the Blue Marlin Super Slim Blank. They have tweaked a blank for me and for the past month now I have had Gauteng and Central Gauteng A side anglers testing the prototype at length and I am now fine tuning the build

Longest throw by one of the Gp anglers was M0 and spring to keep the bol together and it was measured to 150m

P7, they didn't bother measuring but they al confirm it is M.....R vêr.
 
Wow!!!!! What does these rugged DC's cost? And where does one buy these rods? Do you have anyone who has these rods that I can maybe test them?
 

Enigma

Moderator
Go talk to Marius Rusch at XSA in Montane he and Pieter have 2

Most of the other people who have them have them along the coast as I designed it as a plugging rod.

I build custom rods on these blanks as I have a full range of the Rugged Blanks from 10'6-14' that cast 300-400gr weights.

www.cds-angling.co.za
 
I have decided to rather leave the distance rods for the moment as I am inconclusive on what rod to choose.

So hence the name of the topic, I need advice on shorter range rods. I do not want 10ft rods that casts where other 12ft and 13ft rods cast, I want something to cast a bol 50m - 80m.

Any advice on this one?
 

Enigma

Moderator
Sensation Finesse. Soft tip strong base and is designed for fishing 20-90m

Hurry though, they brought 400 in and all 400 are out from the warehouse and next batch only in around Mid December.

I am proud to say I did the design and prototype build and have 2 sets of the rods and loving them

It's lie a 10' Short Range with a 8' Shortrange tip added to it.

http://cds-angling.liquidboxshop.co.za/10604/ROD%20FINESSE%20CARP.aspx
 
Now that you mention it, the other day when I was at the tackleshop, they were unboxing them and I must say it has a nice action to it, the only con about it is the fact that it is so heavy......:?
 

Enigma

Moderator
How on earth is a 345gr rod heavy?

If you want to safely cast a big feed ball and have sensitivity you need some backbone, make it.lighter then use the DC light material and bump the price up another R550-650
 

Enigma

Moderator
Bamboes-Etter wrote:
I have decided to rather leave the distance rods for the moment as I am inconclusive on what rod to choose.

So hence the name of the topic, I need advice on shorter range rods. I do not want 10ft rods that casts where other 12ft and 13ft rods cast, I want something to cast a bol 50m - 80m.

Any advice on this one?

My recommendations were based on this question and accompanying comments.

T53 much to stiff the 2 piece is even a stiffer rod.

Short range heavier than Finesse and more a casting than fishing rod, we were using it for the accuracy casting on the 140m target at the Oppiedam Festival.

Get the 1 piece T24 Blue Marlin 10'or the Blue Marlin Carp Hunter 10' Problem with most off the shelf 10'rods is they have long grips (same as a 12'Casting rod) and won't address the requirement you put out in your question

The 9'Short range might be better but let's see how the finesse goes? Currently outselling the Short range by a country mile. I designed this rod to do exactly what your above requirement is.
 
Hmmmm I do understand what you mean! Thanks for shedding the light on that. You build rods, right? What would you charge me to build me a set of finesse rods, just other binding please.... Its horrifying that colour..... Please pm me the quote, stick to cork wrap and use the components on the rod.
 

Enigma

Moderator
I quite like the Bronze. Must say it looks a lot better in the sun than in a shop's ambient lighting

I don't have Finesse Blanks but can rebind the off the shelf rod to match you other rods for around R120 a rod
 
So my father invested in a set of the 13ft DC lite's this weekend... Its called lite for a reason, weighs next to nothing, 355g but then again, my custom built G2 weighs 375g, its not really a DC unless you are looking at casting M1.5-M3, anything lighter my G2 makes it cry and anything heavier..... Uhm not a DC.... Its finish is not that of a custom rod and quite frankly, not even a hi end shelf rod, the tip fits so loose into the butt section we had to swim to go and fetch the tip. With a p4 it barely succeeds 160m, p4.5 155m and p5 145. If you out there wondering if you should get it, rather don't. Its not half the fishing rod the G2 is and not nearly close to its predesors, the best is probably its guides. Anyone had other or similar experience with this rods?
 

Enigma

Moderator
We weighed a DC lite in the warehouse and it came in at 395gr on the 13' and 355gr on the 12'

They do do their best to match the tips to the bases and they should definitely not be to tight or to loose.

The shop you bought it from should also (with all rods they sell irrespective of brand) check the joint fits of all rods leaving the shop.

They have Fuji Low Riders on them but the low spec OG, probably R300 a set cheaper than those on the Oval DC or your G2

Schalk van Breda is now fishing with the DC lites and in his field testing was casing upward of 180m in controlled conditions. My son (14 years old (15 today))in testing made a 161m cast with a P7 (5gr heavier than a P5)
 
I do not know how they do it, maybe we where scared after launching the tip rather than the sinker? Will try it again this weekend. I weighed my father's rods and it weighed 355 and 358.
 

VinceM

New member
If u looking at a good rod buy the shimano beast master 3 and 1/4 tc.. u will never buy any other carp rod.. it can cast over vaal dam, handle hard fighting fish.. I am no pro fisherman but that is a very very good rod for both specimen and conventional carp angling.. U will be able to turn a monster cafish with this rod.. Dad got 2 oval dc when they came out and with that rod u can cast a brick.. Look at what u need out of your fishing rod.. Not what u want. Your rod is the most important, it catch the fish and cast your bait so be carefull not to buy something u will not be happy with..
 
Hi guys and Enigma

I took your advise Enigma and bought myself two Finesse 10'6 and DL 4000 FA's. The rod is a beauty when fighting the fish, my only problem is, how do I set the hook properly, I had roughly about 30 enquiries, but only managed to bag 22, how can I ensure the perfect hook set with the soft touch tip? Please help Enigma
 

DanieJKruger

New member
I now own DC Lites aswell and I must say, they are light and everything on my rods fits perfectly. I noticed a increase in distance even on M1.
 
Yes indeed, I am now also the proud owner of 2x DC lite 13' rods,(made sure they fit nice and tight;)) I have been practicing with them over the weekend and managed to get 128m on the field with M0 and bol - was very impressed with the abilities of the rod!!! There is a noticeable difference in rod stiffness between the G2 13' and DC lite 13', but I prefer to use the DC lite as for its casting abilities. I also enjoy the rather stiff backbone as I use fish with DC 180's (only the 40ton tip) - that is why I am struggling a bit with setting the hook on the small finesses. And regarding the lead casting capabilities I am very much chuffed, managed to get 178m with P5 on field (no wind assistance)but I was quite often casting 165m-170m, which is acceptable for me! Only problems now is I do not have much use for my G2's anymore. The 10'6 Finesse and 13' DC lite compliment each other quite good and is a great combination for fishing 20m - 180m. I am yet to take the DC lites o the waters, but I am sure I will only be impressed furthermore.
 

Naruto

Sealiner
Enigma is n bit out of action currently. But I am sure he will be around soon to answer your questions.
 
Top