Hi All compliments of the season. Thought id

Lerm

Member
Zugus123 wrote:
Fishing palace, how was your trip, please send picks, I am looking at visiting the dam easter weekend
Just go early, day before easter starts. That place gonna be packed. Went there over the weekend and it was full. Fishing good. Lots of small ones up close, if you wanna target the big you'll have to go 200m plus.
 

Thishan

New member
This my boschkop trophy

caught on perderby floaties with dough backing dipped with 007,
 

Attachments

  • 298389_10150359001401877_625891876_8183318_1282453060_n.jpg
    298389_10150359001401877_625891876_8183318_1282453060_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 139

Fishing Palace

New member
Hi Zugus

I apologise for the late reply I have been offline for a whilde. I have now been twice since the first post and both trips giving us good fish.

The weekend of the 4 was fantastic we had amazing weather but unfortunately the dam was full up again and had to try squeeze to find a spot. I am unsure of the total number of fish caught as the bags had to be emptied on sat night. This time i sat roughly 30m to the right from the large bunch of trees in front of the toilets. the big fish were really scarce that weekend and out biggest was a 4.3 kg Grass carp. I am trying to get the picture and i will post it up for you.


The second trip we did was last weekend 3 of us went out for the day. we were greated by a lovely rainstorm all the way from heidelburg to the vaal but decided to stick it out and see if the rain would clear. After getting totally soaked the rain cleared at roughly 9:30 if im not mistaken. once the rain cleared i was able to see the vaal have a mirrorlike surface which i have never seen before. The fishing was slower than normal and came in stages.

We had a total of 57 fish with the biggest only being 2.8kgs. The baits used were varied and had to change often to keep the fish on.
 

Micks

New member
Hi,

Does anyone know what the fishing is like during winter here?
Is it a good spot to go to for the day?

Could i also ask for directions or GPS coordinates please.

Thanks in advance
Micks
 
Top