hi all, any body fished at this place on the va

uk145

New member
hi all,

any body fished at this place on the vaal?. what baits to use for carp and are there any bass?
 

Dean Slater

Senior Member
i went there a while ago, didnt try for bass i think we caught on banana/raspbery and cherry floaties. Also put out a barbel rod at night!
 

Pap-gooi

New member
Hi UK145.

I'll be going there 24Sept 2010, would you be so kind as to give feedback on your trip. There seems to be little to none info on this venue as to what work and not.

Thanks Dean Slater I have made a note of your suggestion and will let you know if it worked for me.

:wfish
 

Dean Slater

Senior Member
Pap-gooi wrote:
Hi UK145.

I'll be going there 24Sept 2010, would you be so kind as to give feedback on your trip. There seems to be little to none info on this venue as to what work and not.

Thanks Dean Slater I have made a note of your suggestion and will let you know if it worked for me.

:wfish
awesome, take pics and give an update, so more anglers get more info on this venue!!::S::S
 

silver_foxx

New member
Never been there, but since it's in the vicinity of UJ I would try the same baits usually recommended there - go sweet with the flavours: Caramel, Perdeby, Banjo on the hookbaits always worked well for me at UJ; FX combo's on the bol. Depth - not too deep: around 60 - 80 meters.

The Resorts along the Vaaldam road are gonna be packed this weekend from the looks of it. Fish were shy on the bite lastyear this time while they were spawning, I would not expect tempo fishing, but who knows....
 

Pap-gooi

New member
Thanx Silver Foxx.::S

I came to the same conclusion when we phoned about ten resorts before we found some space at Leboya, everywhere is packed.

Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely give it a bash.

Hossa Friday.
 

Pap-gooi

New member
As promised, some feedback on Leboya bay.

The Carp fishing wasn't too successful on size, but we did manage to land some small ones. The average size around 1/2kg.

They were partial to strawberry and caramel (mielie pip with a dough backing and Floaty with a dough backing) S.a. Powder sometimes helped. Triple D on the ball. We tried various distances to find the bigger fish but no luck.

My tally for the three days were, 5 Carp, 2 Barbel and one onderbek (Sorry I don't know what it is called in English.)The one barbel weighed in at 2.2kg.

The camping space was excellent. The shoreline property for each camping site is huge. The ablution facilities is too small for the amount of people and there were some boating pests that ignored the boating, fishing segregation. Take whatever you need with you, they only sell wood and ice at the offices.

I give Leboya Bay a huge thumbs up and will definitely visit again.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1063.jpg
    100_1063.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 718

Pap-gooi

New member
www.leboyabay.co.za

There is different stands with different rates, depending on power and such.

The whole long weekend (3 days, 2 nights) for 4 adults and  3 children was just over R1000.
 
HI. Im new here. Iv been to leboya bay resort. We caught quite a few maybe 8 4rm 2pm to 6pm. not very big 7carp and 1yellow. Im not a pro but I found it easy to fish here. Going there on sunday. Will send update:ifishin
 

atish.rowjee

Senior Member
Hi VissiVangerMysi

Yes, you can pre book. Here is the number, 0116221886 and 0833020403.

Also check, http://www.leboyabay.co.za/index.html

Hope this helps.

:fishn
 

JaniVisser

New member
Any of you been at Leboya in 2012? Thinking about booking there for the Easter weekend - just wondering what it is like these days before I book? :fishn
 

dewalds

Member
We were there in January. Lots and lots of fish! Mostly mudfish and yellows. As for the resort, neat and children friendly.
 
Top