Hey guys. Recently i realised i like to spin , thr

Drewton

New member
270XH Shimano Aerocast + Shimano Sustain 5000 + (2 spools) 1x30lb Jigman braid, 1x20lb Sufix Performace Braid.

Casts UNBELIEVABLY  well and has backbone in reserve for just about anything you're going to hook spinning from the beach or boat. It's like having 2 rods in one with a fast action for casting and fighting fish, but turn it 90 deg and it becomes more parabolic for when big fish take off on a 100m sprint, reducing strain on your knots and terminal tackle, thanks to its oval blank design. Gives other rods in its range a :fbash
 

Dexter

New member
Hey Drewton

Have you been able to cast a 100g(+-3.5oz) lure with that Aerocast?

I am very interested in the rod and wont cast more than 2.5oz max 3oz with it.

Cheers
D
 

Drewton

New member
The heaviest i have thrown is about 85g throws that no problem at all! havent pushed 100g yet, but also wouldn't try push 100g to max distance.
 

Tight001

Banned
JUST got a SHimano aerocast 270XH today with a Daiwa Saltiga game 3500 loaded with 20lb Daiwa saltiga casting braid... SO amped to use it
 

Tight001

Banned
Drewton, i chose the daiwa for a number of reasons, namely i needed a reel which i knew wouldnt rust and had a waterproog drag, got a good price on it, i know THAT saltiga's are very reliable and look awesome.. lastly i thought might as well pair up complete opposites( Shimano and Daiwa) haha..
 

DJP

Sealiner
Got a 9ft Passion stick and slade 4000... value setup.

Then I have a St.Croix 9ft surf cast rod that I wanted to sell but then decided what the hell, took it for some tail fishing and cast into my reels backing, so I'm not selling anymore but I need new braid on my reel...Lol!
 

Drewton

New member
Tight001 wrote:
Drewton, i chose the daiwa for a number of reasons, namely i needed a reel which i knew wouldnt rust and had a waterproog drag, got a good price on it, i know THAT saltiga's are very reliable and look awesome.. lastly i thought might as well pair up complete opposites( Shimano and Daiwa) haha..
LOL, just to break the mould hey? :) I would still rather have gone with the Shimano Stradic, also has a waterproof drag, 6 stainless bearings, and an 11kg drag rating. I still have yet to see one that fails before a Daiwa! But as you say you got the Saltiga at a good price, cant walk away from a bargain like that!
 
Top