Hey guys, here's some fat ones caught at harties,

Light Tackle Hunter

Senior Member
Hey guys, here's some fat ones caught at harties, all with floaties/mielies/swd and banjo, fx, and tjop tjop.

untitled.jpg


32130_390463406993_680176993_467668.jpg


27880_396065961993_680176993_480977.jpg


27880_396065951993_680176993_480977.jpg
 
Nice fish!! When were these caught?  I fished a comp there yesterday and between about 50 guys 5 fish came out. All over the 4kg mark but fishing in winter at harties is really tough!!!
 

Gertus

Senior Member
Ja me too was freezing my *&*(*& off yesterday and cought a cold.. met up with an old friend Loyd .. but did not get his number ... Loyd.. PM me please boet .. i know you are on sealine..
 

Light Tackle Hunter

Senior Member
Thanks, It's on private property, so I'll keep it my honey-pot hehe.::SThey were all caught between May and now, we averaged 10 fish all over 3kg in a morning.
 

Red_Shark_10

New member
riclaasmieliebom wrote:
Nice fish!! When were these caught?  I fished a comp there yesterday and between about 50 guys 5 fish came out. All over the 4kg mark but fishing in winter at harties is really tough!!!

Tough is an understatement lol - I was there on Wednesday as well. That cold wind was killing me yoh, I only started defrosting at about 11am lol...
 

Hemelbesem

New member
Fished at Meerhof over the weekend (for the first time).

Right in front of the two concrete structures in the dam. No Hyacints, but green algae in the water.

Used swd, floaties and fx, devilsfork, perdeby on the (supercast) mieliebom. Not one bite.:cry1:cry1
 

Unlimited

Sealiner
Hemelbesem

 

You picked the  crapest spot at meerhof... That piece of water infront of the concrete blocks are very shallow...

A friend of mine caught a bird around his legs 10m infront of those blocks... now how does that happen???

Next time head as far right as possible, less shade but WAY better fishing...
 

Unlimited

Sealiner
yeah we usually sit far right and drop them between the two blocks, the key at meerhof is finding "the stroom" of the river, this you can locate by seing where in the stretch it gets dirtier in terms of thicker algae, bottles, small hyacinth... drop it in there...
 

HennieB

Sealiner
I checked the weather this morning and I think the weather will be good this weekend. I want to go to Harties either this weekend or the next.
 
Top