Hey everyone.... Here's another query about "li

Reefman

Sealiner
Yeah I saw yours, thats why I say take it back to whoever you got it from and demand either that they refund you or replace it. You obviously got a dud. Mine's almost 2 years old and never missed a beat and I've caught some good size fishies on it...
 

ignoblis

Senior Member
Ziggy

Take it back bro. Tell them if they think that there is nothing wrong with it surely they can swop it out to prove to you their dedication to the quality of the product. Remember Daiwa's motto is "Comitted to Quality" so remind them of that. You simply can't take no for an answer. I love my Daiwa Exeller and am not opposed to Shimano in any way this is simply a case of "consumer rights". So stand up for your rights brother.

ignoblis
 

VRD

New member
Hello

The people to speak to relating to these problems would be the two Mike's at the Kingfisher.

I would speak to Mike Phillips i think he is the wholesale main guy their.I am pretty sure that they will help you out.One thing i can say about the Kingfisher is that they usually never dispute a complaint and almost always replace or repair faulty equipment.

You have to also realise that it has to be under guarentee for the to sort it at no cost.If you did bring it to their attention inside the guarentee period and now its out of it then i am sure they may still help you out..

Good Luck

 
 

dugongboy

Sealiner
[color=#006600]ziggy[/color] wrote:
I have real problems with the Excelor - see my postings and pictures at http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=4939&forum_id=25 I have basically given up on it and am about to buy a shimano. Escelor is useless - and I have spent more on new line than the cost of the reel - all becasue of the bad laying down of the line and then getting knots when casting - I have lost losts of line through some serious knots - so I would avoid excelor at all costs!!!!!

Ziggy

There is something missing there - check the schematics - on my Salina you can add/remove spacers on the shaft to change the shape of the line lay - I also strongly believe you would be better off with the Shimanos - what ESA dont tell you is how the Excelors battled after 3 days of wading whilst filming recently.
 

Ryan

Sealiner
Sorry guys I came on this thread a bit late I have four Slades 4000 and 2500.

They take the punch - granted they get very little exposure to salt but on the 2500 I landed several GT's in the 10kg range a year ago december on small plugs. I use them predominantly for Fresh but they handle beeg catfish up to 18 kg with ease - never had a single problem with any of them and for that matter never replaced anything on them. I use them over baitcasters etc as when I fish for the beeg nasties I use braid. - I can highly reccommend them. Granted they are not a Stella but in terms of value for money - excellent.

Bought another 4000 last week at 4x4 megaworld for R200.
 
Interesting point to note In comparisin between the excellor 4000 and the slade 4000....the slade tops the excellor in max drag at 13lb compared to 12lb...surprising when u add pricing as u can buy 3 slade's for the price off 1 excellor....now i am very happy with my purchase....
 

neilg

Sealiner
There are many good reels on the market, especially with dropshot/spinning in mind.
The Excellor is good, but not the alpha and the omega, it just gets MUCH MORE marketing than all the other reels.

I have a Excellor Plus 3000 and it has caught more shad (elf) than any of the other reels I own, not doing dropshot, I spin offshore with onda onda lures.
On a recent trip I landed (all in the 1kg class) about 50, only losing a few with the hook not setting or pulling out. got a monster elf on and lost elf and lure right next to the boat, leader pulled where joined to braid.

I had guys on the boat with silver spoons and rapalas catching nothing but a cold, I was into a elf with EVERY SINGLE CAST.

So yes, the reel can take punishment if handled like it should be. My drag isn't set more than 2kg MAX, so the fact that it can be 12lb drag really doesn't bother me, if that's the case you will have to use VERY HEAVY LINE because your drag shouldnt be more than 50% of breaking strain ....

to continue pc restarting
 

neilg

Sealiner
I have reels
Daiwa Excellor Plus 3000 - +-5kg fireline
Penn Captiva CV 6000 - +- 13kg suffix braid
Shimano Alivio 2500RA - +- 4kg fireline
Shimano Spheros 12000 - +- 40kg fireline

The fireline on the Spheros is just too thick, I will change this to 24kg fireline when I have money again, I can't even fit 250m on, but it has GREAT pulling power for jigging/bottom fishing.
The Penn Captiva is also a great reel, just a pity about the play on the "arm", this is really a great spinning reel, especially for elf/yellowtail offshore.
The alivio (which is a fairly cheap reel) has meant the end for MANY MANY blacktail in the 30-40cm class.

All my reels have performed, but they must be looked after. Reels are there to hold line, and give you quality drag when required, they are not made to winch fish in, that is what your rod is for, pull with the rod, and reel the line in as you drop your rod.

My personal pick of the bunch .... Spheros !!!!!

The Spheros is not a cheap reel (but much cheaper than other reels), but damn it's a good reel. And they are made in smaller sizes aswell.

Not showing off, but showing that I have quite a few reels to compare with (I own) :
Daiwa Sealine, Shimano Torium, Shimano 20/40, Mitchell Ti20.30, Mitchell Ti30.50, Shimano TLD 50, Penn Captiva CV6000, Daiwa Opus 6000, Shimano Spheros 12000, Shimano Hyperloop 4000, Jarvis Walker Mirage ML350, Shimano R4000
, Abu Garcia JK 4050, Daiwa Regal BRI 4000, Shimano Alivio 2500RA, Shimano SideStab 4000RE, Shimano Corvalus CVL300, Daiwa Excellor Plus 3000

Some fished more than others, all still going strong.

Dont think for one second because a guy on TV uses it it must be good, it's probably sponsored.
Look at your needs, read up on the subject and buy based on that.
Most important when using a coffeegrinder reel for braid,
... line capacity ...
... good drag ...
... roller bearing in bail arm ...
... GOOD QUALITY ... (shimano / daiwa / the like)
... good rod with the right guides ...
... onda onda lure ...
 

khan

Senior Member
ziggy did you sort out your reel?

who did you speak to at kingfisher?

better still who did you buy it from as the shop that you bought it from should help you sort this out!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hello neilg

If you like the Onde onde then you would love what they call a Yozuri live bait minnow. It looks very similar to the Onde but comes in any number of colours. try Cabelas and do a search for this live bait minnow. i have a couple and have caught many fish on them.
 

neilg

Sealiner
Will definately have a look Haakies, since I can't find stock of my favourite colour onda onda in PE.

but must note that I have 6 of my favourite colour ondas on back order !! won't be caught without one again.

this is a personal secret that I'm now sharing with the rest of the world, I will use any colour lure, aslong as it's purple/see through, especially onda onda.

Any colour ... aslong as it's purple, give it a try, you won't be sorry.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hi Neilg

I have a couple of Ondes and i will look out for the clear purple ones. When you search Cabelas look for the Yozuri Live Bait minnow jig. It is the lipless version of the two. I have the 5/8 ounce ones and they are 70mm long. I have not found anything better for the bonnies we get here.
 

esatpil

Senior Member
[color="#006600"]neilg[/color] wrote:
Will definately have a look Haakies, since I can't find stock of my favourite colour onda onda in PE.

but must note that I have 6 of my favourite colour ondas on back order !! won't be caught without one again.

this is a personal secret that I'm now sharing with the rest of the world, I will use any colour lure, aslong as it's purple/see through, especially onda onda.

Any colour ... aslong as it's purple, give it a try, you won't be sorry.
@neilg.

Who manufactures onda onda?Where can one get it from?
 
Top