Heres a quick look at the guts of the T20A Opened

PatrickC

Senior Member
I'm sure there will be something... Maybe a Torium A series or maybe something completely new. But I'm sure it won't be anytime soon.

The top of the range reels will always be released first and then the cheaper ones, it is business after all. Like what penn is doing... first the torque then the fathom and next is the squall if I remember correctly.
 

Hassan974

New member
Hello,

I bought a TRINIDAD 20A. It is not bad but I have a problem with.
I just can not ituiiser.
At each run, there is a bird's nest.
Could you tell me how did you solve this problem?

Your answer will help me a lot!
 

Psy

Sealiner
Literally.....keep your finger on the trigger...ie; the spool.
Once you can control your cast...you will be happier.
 

Hassan974

New member
Thank you for your help.
I thought it was necessary to replace the bearings with slower ball.
I will do some test like this.

thank you,
 

M@rius

Senior Member
I also battled casting with the Trini A initially, but here's something to try: tighten the spool/cast control knob on the right side of the reel to the point that your sinker can't drop while the reel is on a rod and on freespool. Then loosen the cast control cap referred to one quarter turn. You should be able to throw quite well, but I don't know if it's too good for the reel though.
 

Psy

Sealiner
Marius you are correct by doing so you will find a happy medium and eventually your technique will improve.
 

Joker

Senior Member
subaruseun wrote:
Darius aka whaler always said the A series was superior, this is now fact. superior in drag and double dawg pawls.


i doubt the torium will see that technology, maybe a shimano expert can shed light? Henning?

what is interesting is... the torium is still on the market and the gold/dc has been discontinued... tthey all from the same era... maybe shimmie still working on a cheper version of the "A" would like to see that come through

perhaps

torium "gold"

or

torium "a"

I have seen that Alan Tani suggests that the Trini or Tor has space for another dawg.

It will need a bit of engineering and some faith in your DIY ability :)

Check out: www.alantani.com

Pity I can't post the link directly. You can find the post under the Shimano reels, Trinidad, spring activated pawl, link.
 

Joker

Senior Member
Hassan974 wrote:
Hello,

I bought a TRINIDAD 20A. It is not bad but I have a problem with.
I just can not ituiiser.
At each run, there is a bird's nest.
Could you tell me how did you solve this problem?

Your answer will help me a lot!

I also had a problem with the birds nests.

I removed the bearings and added a thicker lube. It helped plenty. Had more control over the reel.

What I also noticed that with the Trini A your cast needs to be smooth. No jerky action. The reel is to fast for that.

Good luck with the 20A.
 

Psy

Sealiner
Strip and clean - remove handle and drag...place parts down in the order you removed them...
 

Attachments

  • handle assy.jpg
    handle assy.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 123

Psy

Sealiner
side cover removed...carefull with your half-moon washers
 

Attachments

  • parts 1.jpg
    parts 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 124

Psy

Sealiner
remove set plate (4 screws) to access lower bearing and to clean frame
 

Attachments

  • set plate 1.jpg
    set plate 1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 123
Top