Hello Guys, I was just wondering if any of you gu

Chandler

New member
Hello Guys,

I was just wondering if any of you guys regularly fish Blaauwpan Dam. I seem to be having a problem with WINTER CARPS, I have blanked 2 weekends in a row yet other anglers seem to be doing okay. I do extremely well in summer at Blaauwpan and dont know now, my left from my right :)
 

Is there any advise that you guys could give me regarding baits, dips and rigs.

And advise would be appreciated.

Chandler:fbash
 

Chandler

New member
I dont fish with a boat.

The bait that i regularly use is either a single pip(almond) and a banana floatie, with banana bol dip or Almond Supreme.
 

Bruggie

Sealiner
I fish Blaauwpan alot as well and always make use of a baitboat. I have seen that in winter time they tend to bite a bit slower, and you need to use more strong dips as well.

This is my personal experiance. If I may ask, where do you sit normally and if you only cast, how far and what size fish do you pick up?
 

Chandler

New member
Hey Bruggie,

Thanks for replying (at least you did). I normally sit under the bluegum trees next to the jetty to the right of the reeds.

I cast between 80 - 95m and on Saturday the guy next to me pulled 4 carp, 3.6kg , 2.8kg, 2.2kg and one that was very small.

What rigs do you suggest, because I have been reading and rigs make a huge difference?
 

Bruggie

Sealiner
I have not fished Blauupan before by just casting, that is my reason for asking.

I use a normal rietvlei and works fine.Maybe just play around with your hook link length. My biggest carp there is 6KG, but like I said I use a baitboat.

I am moving to Bonearo Park in mid July, so will have more time to fish there.Would like to try casting only and see. Whe should meet up and can work together.
 

PI

Senior Member
Hi Chandler, you are welcome to join us if you want to...

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=73666&forum_id=3

PI
 
Top