Hello Gents. Anyone been to aqua via lately? wh

Wernerh5

New member
Hello Gents.

Anyone been to aqua via lately? what side did you fish? what worked well there?

Planning a trip there on the 4th of sept

 

Thanks

Tight line!!!!
 

PI

Senior Member
Fish to the left.

Almond
Caramel
Devilsfork
Cherry/Almond, Onion dip
Honey Glow/Cina1, Honey Glow/Duiwelsdrek
Perdeby
TAC
Looti,
Duiwelsdrek
 

CrAZy-BuG

Senior Member
Always fish to the left, also, depending on the water level, try to cast around 20-10 meters from the opposite bank. Fish seem to be feeding more on the quieter side of the river.

The dip that have worked well for me at aqua via has mostly been almond. I have had big success on FX, duiweldrek and kap kap as well.

When fishing after heavy rains(which I know is not the case now) always use a single hook as the second one will most certainly get stuck in the grass.

Tight Lines
 

Wernerh5

New member
Thanks CRazy bug,

just a question guys, everyone says fish to the left, is it left from the ablution block or left from the broken house?
 

CrAZy-BuG

Senior Member
There is a gate at the farm house, ask the old man "Oom Kierie" if you can go through the gate. Then you will go down the little hill and you will be to the left of the fence where the ablution blocks are. There are only long drops on that side though.

The further left you go the better. Just always check the width of the river, make sure you can almost cast across.
 
Guys, has ANybody been to Aqua Via in the last month or so? The river can be quite moody during winter, and I was just wondering if anybody has been to Aqua Via Lately and how the fishing was ^^.. I'd like to put in a winter session this weekend, but Im still undecided about a venue, I am considering one of the following: Vaaldam/ VaalRiver/Koppies
 
Top