HDS Live reception issues

ArchMan

Hi,

I recently fitted my KosiCat 17WA with the Lowrance HDS Live unit and added the 3in1 transducer for side and downscan. I also left the existing Chirp transducer in place as a second source. My problem is that the unit does not give a reading of any kind over 8 or so kmh and nothing deeper than 30m are registered. After 30m it just gives a blank screen on both the sonar and scan options. Changing to the Chirp transducer makes no difference either. It also does not give a temperature reading. Sidescan is of no use as it gives no structure information. The transducers are mounted on the starboard side of the starboard pontoon on the deepest part of the sponson. A suggestions would be appreciated.

Frikster

You need to check if you selected the correct transducer in the sonar setup , could be that its on the generic one!

ArchMan

Thanks. I did select the generic 83/200 transducer and looking at it now it should probably be the HDI Reveal 50/200. I am a bit confused since the Lowrance site gives its description as an 83/200 transducer but it is called a 50/200? Which would be the correct option of the preloaded ones on the HDS Live?