Has anyone fished hear before? Ive not had much su

Kingfisher-guy

Senior Member
Has anyone fished hear before? Ive not had much success at Klaserie Caravan Park and Im gona fish there once again.

Please shoot with some tips for catching them big carp and what bait to use!

Will be fishing with the hair rig.
 

jacques82

New member
Hi, Fished there a few times, and caught some huge karp anutyhing between 10 and 18 kg`s. Used betaine mielies on hair and also tiger nut, and kaboem mielies as ground abit,

 

Good Luck!!

J:wfish
 

Kingfisher-guy

Senior Member
Hey

In two days only managed to land one carp! And lost a few fish! But it was worth it, my fishing partner Ruan improved his pb from 8kg to 12kg!

Here's a pic
 

Attachments

  • klaserie 1.JPG
    klaserie 1.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 370

klaserie

New member
Hi There,

Re fishing at klaserie caravan fishery,My wife holds the world record for pole fishing with a carp from this venue of 26.7kgs,also 19.1kgs,20kgs,17.7kgs.15kg,

My personal on a rod from this venue 23.4kgs.

Feb this year I landed 9 fish total weight 117 kgs.all on a margin pole.If you are around ther this coming Feb we wil only be to pleased to advise you what to fish with and what rigs to use.Tight lines

Ray & Maggie Stoner

www.strikeonebait.net
 

Herman Nel

Senior Member
26 kgs...I am the last guy that can be a sceptic, but comparing that 26kg to a 26 kg caught by my good mate Gilbert Foxcroft, I do see a big question mark...
 

Attachments

  • 58touchedup[1].jpg
    58touchedup[1].jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 215

Herman Nel

Senior Member
Also, a fish of 26kgs on a pole "Caught on the 28th February 2007" would have made headlines in the local angling fraternity, I do not recall such an event, does anyone else?
 

klaserie

New member
If  fish are presented at arm's length they appear to be much bigger,we could not do that,the nearer the camera the bigger the fish ?????

And 7 witnesses cannot be wrong,so sir you can carry on asking the question!!!

The girth you cannot see in the picture,but at 34 inches around you can see where the weight was.
 

klaserie

New member
Check out The Bank Angler march 2010,and incidently about a handful of people had even seen a pole at that time.also check out the Hoetspruit news their reporter came to the venue and took pictures and statements from people present.Her name was Louise 0839974996.

Boy!! it must hurt a lot of long line specimen hunters to know that bigger fish have been caught on a POLE within 3 metres of the bank,rather than 300metres.I have been fishing for over 66 years in all disciplines,and had we not had witnesses,and calibrated weighing,we could not have made the claim.

Just because you never heard of it doesn't mean it never happened.

Sorry Pal !! envy hurts!! 
 

Herman Nel

Senior Member
Why was it then only published in 2010 if it was caught in 2007 "pal"?

...as I said,as far as I know no free advertising is allowed on this site...check the forum rules...
 

Herman Nel

Senior Member
O and just for the record I own 2 poles and also do pole fishing, the only guy I know of in Mpumalanga that do pole fishing and one of a few specimen carp anglers( or long line as you call it )...
 
Top