Great White @ Mazzepa

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
J_Bay wrote:
@JJ, they used to catch enormous white sharks on the South Pier when the whaling station was open. Biggest one weighed in at 1650 pounds, wich I believe is still the biggest land based shark capture ever. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's still the biggest shark ever caught from land.
caught by Reg Harrison, fish won him the Bowman Trophy in 1953... U should read some of my early post or search for my post on " A book of Ledgend's"..
 

Attachments

  • White.jpg
    White.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 396

khalaharikid

Sealiner
Pucky wrote:
Sweet DEBATE CLOSED! I do think this guy will be in hot water though.

well what do you think, he has pics of a great white at mazzepa, mcm get a sniff of this and i bet they already have cause they do read threads , especially with a heading GREAT WHITE.

You had better hope he never sent the pics all over the place, cause it might come back and bite him in the a--

excuse the pun.

kk

 
 

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
NO not this exact one more pic's of Cislle Jacob's, Mike Titalstad and the other guys and dont forget Ivan Stopforths 205kg Zambi...< YIP caught on a KP......
 

J_Bay

Sealiner
I have the book JJ, it's pretty awesome, those Old ballies could really fish hey...It seems our Sealine Old Ballies are having a harder time though...LOL...:spite
 

Jakes

Senior Member
angler 1 wrote:
famous picture from durban south piet i think this picture hans at the kingfisher in durbs i think JJ
The same pic also hangs in the pub at Happy Wanderers @ Kelso ... It's quite a famous pic.
 

Glider

Senior Member
Guys, I don't understand. As you can see from the thread a lot of guys do not know the law in this regard. Why not allow the guys to discuss and thus educate the guys that do not know.

I'm sure if a Sealiner has all the facts no one will ever target or land a GW. If the guys do not have all the facts they might land a GW to have a pic out of ignorance.

I was also not aware of the fines and possible jail sentence. Thanks for the info.
 

BigMatt

Sealiner
there was an article in "Ski Boat" a while back on the south pier brigade. brilliant article, really nostalgic!

apparently when whaling was still present in south africa, sharks would come in with the whaling vessels.

okes would pitch chunks of whale meat at the sharks and hold on!
 

misguide

Senior Member
Pucky wrote:
All I want too know is what the deal is!! are you allowed to bring the fish safely on too the beach get your trophy pick and release it?

My eye sight is bad at my old age and I really battle to identify my fish properly ::happyd:

I can only identify the fish when he is like a foot or 2 away from me! :spite
 

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
@BigMatt if you come in to Kingfisher over this holiday time from the 2nd of November ask for Juan < thats me he he, i'll show you a tape that was made about the South Pier shark angling guys... its a hour long and there is only two copys of it.....

As far as i'v ben told  its not aloud to be copy'd at all as the lady that gave it to Kingfisher ask't not to copy or sell it as her husband made the tape, she has the original coppy and Kingfisher has the other....
 

Pucky

Senior Member
Glider wrote:
Guys, I don't understand. As you can see from the thread a lot of guys do not know the law in this regard. Why not allow the guys to discuss and thus educate the guys that do not know.

I'm sure if a Sealiner has all the facts no one will ever target or land a GW. If the guys do not have all the facts they might land a GW to have a pic out of ignorance.

I was also not aware of the fines and possible jail sentence. Thanks for the info.
Ya it seems as if you have over a 1000 post on this site you like the "main O". We are all here to learn even guys like Jo.... I mean Copper.
 

khalaharikid

Sealiner
Pucky wrote:
Glider wrote:
Guys, I don't understand. As you can see from the thread a lot of guys do not know the law in this regard. Why not allow the guys to discuss and thus educate the guys that do not know.

I'm sure if a Sealiner has all the facts no one will ever target or land a GW. If the guys do not have all the facts they might land a GW to have a pic out of ignorance.

I was also not aware of the fines and possible jail sentence. Thanks for the info.
Ya it seems as if you have over a 1000 post on this site you like the "main O". We are all here to learn even guys like Jo.... I mean Copper.
And you refering to who????????
 

BigMatt

Sealiner
JJ Pienaar wrote:
@BigMatt if you come in to Kingfisher over this holiday time from the 2nd of November ask for Juan < thats me he he, i'll show you a tape that was made about the South Pier shark angling guys... its a hour long and there is only two copys of it.....

As far as i'v ben told  its not aloud to be copy'd at all as the lady that gave it to Kingfisher ask't not to copy or sell it as her husband made the tape, she has the original coppy and Kingfisher has the other....

id like to come by and say howsit. look out for the large guy wearing the sealine shirt...

come to think of it, that might be any one of the "ballies"...

 
 

khalaharikid

Sealiner
BigMatt wrote:
JJ Pienaar wrote:
@BigMatt if you come in to Kingfisher over this holiday time from the 2nd of November ask for Juan < thats me he he, i'll show you a tape that was made about the South Pier shark angling guys... its a hour long and there is only two copys of it.....

As far as i'v ben told  its not aloud to be copy'd at all as the lady that gave it to Kingfisher ask't not to copy or sell it as her husband made the tape, she has the original coppy and Kingfisher has the other....

id like to come by and say howsit. look out for the large guy wearing the sealine shirt...

come to think of it, that might be any one of the "ballies"...

 
careful Matt, keep it real, im watching you
 
Top