Good spots around CT\Weskus anyone?

Trilbakkies

New member
Does anyone have any recommendations on good spots for drop shotting along the Cape Town and Weskus area. I will be going on leave for a few weeks in Feb and am looking to take my rod out for a spin. The fishing gear out for some spinning that is. Any information would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
 

Matthewgilpin

New member
they will basicly eat anything.. i caught one on a hook with nothing on it right infront of me when i was still busy retying my leader knot! theres lots of them
 

I&J

New member
Just south of the Yatch Club at Langebaan. You have to caste far to reach the bank that drops down deep to get over it. I was watching the locals catching 2 to 3 kg fish constantly but my dropshot 9 foot could not reach the over the bank.
 

David Taylor

New member
Otherwise there is Velddrif where you will catch lots of elf. I've never been there myself but I've heard it's great. Hermanus lagoon you will get lots of small leeries (25-35cm). I spent yesterday morning there with a 5wt fly rod and caught 24 of them. I don't know if you are willing to go to Hermanus though. It's not exactly west coast. :fswim
 
Top