Gents/Ladies..... I finally managed to get hold

Gents/Ladies.....

I finally managed to get hold of some topographic maps for some of the dams, now here's the catch (pardon the pun) but you can only access 5 maps per month, the thumbnails of the selected region is way small so you're taking a guess when accessing one and low and behold you can only download the ones you have accessed so I managed two maps thus far one for Loskop and one for Bronkies....
 

gt40

Senior Member
can you pls post a link and some detail so i can check it out before i start downloading

thanx
 

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
Little Green Fish wrote:
Gents/Ladies.....

I finally managed to get hold of some topographic maps for some of the dams, now here's the catch (pardon the pun) but you can only access 5 maps per month, the thumbnails of the selected region is way small so you're taking a guess when accessing one and low and behold you can only download the ones you have accessed so I managed two maps thus far one for Loskop and one for Bronkies....

Thats awesome.

Please get us all this info....... Thanks
 
Guys

I'm so sorry but lost the site name, yeah I know I'm Old (very @#$%^%$#@ OLD), but am in the process of hunting it down again... Sorry?

I'll post the two maps I've got thus far being Bronkhorstspruit and Loskop.

Eish?
 
kay so i refound the lost website, but here's the thing i am restricted from downloading even viewing any more of the maps. huh? proudly south african i suppose, keeps on saying i've downloaded my 5 of 5 maps for the month but, it's been saying that for more than a month now....

Problem the grid-maps at the bottom (once you've selected an area) is so small that you cannot see what area it is exactly and once you've opened it, it's considered a download...... eish, hau?

Anyhows, I've got the maps for Loskop and Bronkhorstspruit, so if anybody here's feels like registering and going through this shlep here's the web addy, good luck:

http://www.spatialreference.co.za/

will post the maps in a subsection once created by the admin team. if it's allowed.
 

BigBass

Sealiner
robfisher wrote:
Inanda Contour Map

If you ever wondered what the HUMP looked like at Inanda then now is the time to visit
http://www.streetmaps.co.za

http://www.streetmaps.co.za/?x=30.857563333333335&y=-29.68711000000001&z=0.00125&s=m&p=1
Great maps - thanks robfisher!

How did you get the contours to show as in your bottom link, robfisher?

When I go to the streetmaps site, and find Inanda (and Albert Falls, for eg), I cannot get the contours to show ... I clicked on the "More" tab and then on the cadastral info pop-up, but it does not seem to work when I do it ... How did you get to contour view link?
 

robfisher

Senior Member
If you zoom in to the second last level (drag the button on the horizontal bar on the top left of the map down to the 2[suP]nd[/suP] last spot) the contours with their readings should be visible...  

The Hump at Inanda

http://www.streetmaps.co.za/?x=30.857563333333335&y=-29.68711000000001&z=0.00125&s=m&p=1

 

River mouth at Albert Falls

http://www.streetmaps.co.za/?x=30.368864666666667&y=-29.44721933333334&z=0.00125&s=m&p=1

 

Midmar Dam

http://www.streetmaps.co.za/?x=30.17445466666666&y=-29.51456066666666&z=0.00125&s=m&p=1

 

Hope this helps?
 

robfisher

Senior Member
BigBass wrote:
Thanks so much, robfisher - that's great!!

We found a bug last night that was causing the issue of not showing the contours sometimes... you can now zoom in and out to your heart’s content and the contours will still be there... of course they are only really visible in the bottom two zoom settings.
 

BigBass

Sealiner
Some dams (such as Theewaterskloof, Wriggleswade) unfortunately do not seem to have the contours ... you'll have to check the others for yourself ...
 

Fishton

Sealiner
"What Lies Beneath" ...............

f50cna.jpg
 
Top