***Galjoen Fishing Clinic***

:fswimHi all fellow anglers & friends!!!:fswim

First of all...WOW!!! What an amazing day it was!!! I would like to thank(on behalf of SSEC:WC) all of you that attended the clinic, without you guys there wouldn't have been a clinic.

:thankieFirst things first, I would like to thank our sponsors Alpha Pro(Toruim20 for only R500.00), Traces4Africa (Sailfish) & Alwyn (Loomis Franklin 12ft 3oz fishing Rod, Doublex 0.40mm line & canvas fishing bag)...big ups to you guys!!!

:thankieThanks to all would helped us out with the braai drums & wood for the day, we had a lekka braai and I would also like to thank Archar aka Gotaway who sponsored us with the lekka sausage for the day!!! Ian made the sausages and also braaied it for us....thanks Ian that boeries was delicious!!!!!!!!!!

:thankieThank you DJP for helping and assisting me with the clinic, you did a great job and thanks again for your in-putt!!! Sailfish (Traces4Africa),thank you for your presentation on all your different traces and rigs!!!

:thankieThank you Mobi Dick our SSEC:WC Chairman, for the medals you sponsored for the short competition we had after the clinic!!! Great stuff!!!

::SArchar also gave me a gift after the clinic, thank you so much for that fishing knife you gave me, it's much appreciated and will come in handy...should keep an eye on it when my fishing buddies is around....lol

:thankieThank you Seawiid for taking such leka pics!!!!!!!

^^..If I left someone out please accept my apology, but hopefully i've covered all....lol

;)So the day started with Mobi Dick(Chairman) introducing the "clinic-panel" (***Galjoen***,DJP & Sailfish) and Kaspaas(Secretariat) giving some insights of what of our club SSEC:WC is all about. DJP & I started on the next topics:

The anatomy of out National Fish; Breeding habits of Galjoen; Feeding patterns of Galjoen; Sea conditions for Galjoen Fishing; Marine reserves protect Galjoen; Basic needs for Galjoen Fishing; Basic Galjoen rigs & Bait presentations. In between Sailfish (Traces4Africa), did a presentation on most of his rigs with the main trace "Loose the sinker get the fish"!!!

:clap12We then went over to the lucky draws for the Shimano Torium20 & traces hamper. If I'm not mistaken then Jade fish won the trace hamper & Lupo won the Shimano Torium 20.....well done guys and congratulations!!!

:beerThe rest of the day we fished, braaied and had a lekka day catching a couple of gallies here and there. Met one of my friends there uncle Cassie who caught a big galjoen of 3kg earlier the morning!:wfish

Those of you that have photos of the day, please feel free to post them here!!!

Till next time...Thight Lines!!!!!!!!!!!

;);););)

thanks Kaspaas for letting us make use of Mrs Kaspaas table....:thankie:thankie:thankie

Attachments

• SDC17067.JPG
    SDC17067.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 785

gotaway

Sealiner
Hey Wikus - what an amazing day.thank you so much for all the efforts that went into making it a great day for all.was so nice to spend the day with such a bunch of nice people for a change.

Now for the 26th and the Reserve, i think we should organize a similar thing out there on the day and make the home base that nice braai area at Buffels Bay.Set up the tents there and let the ladies get all prepared while we do some competative fishing.Would be an awsome day!!! hope the weather plays its part !!!