Further facilities to be set up at Misty Lakes

Jors

New member
I am busy negotiating that the SA Carp Society (SACS) erect 2 x thatched lapas at Misty Lakes. It will be 4x4 metres in size. The owner is busy negotiating a better price with potential suppliers. We will start with swims 1&2 and swim 3 as it is the most popular swims being booked. I will communicate further developments to members as the process continues. The expected expense will be around R10,000.00.

Regards,

Julius Klokow
SACS President
Members@sacarpsociety.co.za
 

Basspro

Senior Member
Can I ask - What is the average size carp at Misty Lakes ?

I'd like to fish it and join SACS in the process..... Seems like they doing some good to venues/fish etc ???
 

axle

Member
Basspro wrote:
Can I ask - What is the average size carp at Misty Lakes ?

I'd like to fish it and join SACS in the process..... Seems like they doing some good to venues/fish etc ???

Hi John

Cant comment on average size but I know a few years back they electro-netted the dam and I think last year bought a net so that they can remove smaller fish. I'm not sure on the progress of this at the moment - perhaps Julius or Francois can comment. There is also a "holding tank" by the ablution block that you're meant to put the smaller fish in. I can imagine the average size must be going up. There is a population of bass, kurper and barbel to keep the carp numbers at bay. I've been once and my biggest was 22lbs - losing a bigger fish.
The monthly fee alone is worth it to fish the venue. Its really beautiful out there and not too far from Gauteng.
 

Basspro

Senior Member
I had a response about that via p/m and it seems they are busy with some sort of plan for the small fish
 
Top