[font="Times New Roman"][size="2"]Hi Everyone,[/s

FREE THE FIGHTER

Senior Member
Welcome Ya Toivo, ditto great post - sums it all up. Nice AJ (?) in your pic -  and off a jet ski - brilliant.

Sad news this anyway as the main target for serious jig fisherman would be Amberjack I guess which are very strong and release well.

Would it not be possible to gently lobby the authorities, promote good fishing practices ( which most employ anyway)  and get this reversed ?

Agreed popping just as successful at catching "bottoms" - the Americans even catch Amberjack on poppers ! Also not sure at all that Ignobilis can be called a pilagic.
 

Tunaman

Senior Member
I just need to retract one of my earlier statements. I mentioned that I believed that it was not caused by indiscriminate anglers. I have however spoken to few and it surfaced that during this past December, the Parks authority was at sea (Vidal). Some of my mates fishing there witnessed this and they also witnessed several bottoms floating around on a daily basis.

So to those responsible for this, Shame on you for abusing the rights granted to fisherman to enjoy their sport!

This is saddening to hear as one tries to have faith in your fellow fisherman to do the right thing but then this happens.
 

jaenswart

Senior Member
Tunaman wrote:
I just need to retract one of my earlier statements. I mentioned that I believed that it was not caused by indiscriminate anglers. I have however spoken to few and it surfaced that during this past December, the Parks authority was at sea (Vidal). Some of my mates fishing there witnessed this and they also witnessed several bottoms floating around on a daily basis.

So to those responsible for this, Shame on you for abusing the rights granted to fisherman to enjoy their sport!

This is saddening to hear as one tries to have faith in your fellow fisherman to do the right thing but then this happens.
 

There will always be guys spoiling it for everybody. Those of you taken 20 shad when you are allowed 4, those taking 200 small kob. those taking bottoms from vidal and those that messed up vj for everybody including yourself.

Those guys bring back freezers full of fish to pay for their holiday.

The day will come when they close fishing all together or when there is no more fish left in any case.

 

 

 

 
 

Ya Toivo

New member
FREE THE FIGHTER wrote:
Welcome Ya Toivo, ditto great post - sums it all up. Nice AJ (?) in your pic -  and off a jet ski - brilliant.

Sad news this anyway as the main target for serious jig fisherman would be Amberjack I guess which are very strong and release well.

Would it not be possible to gently lobby the authorities, promote good fishing practices ( which most employ anyway)  and get this reversed ?

Agreed popping just as successful at catching "bottoms" - the Americans even catch Amberjack on poppers ! Also not sure at all that Ignobilis can be called a pilagic.
Thanks, yes they are Ambers (20kg and 15kg) that i got at vidal over December. I also got some nice GT's. And out of 10 days fishing, jigging is just about all I did there, only one bottom fish, small soldier.

But sad to say that on sealine I have seen some pic's of huge bottom fish also from guys that I have seen at vidal at that time posing with the fish and that you can see the eyes popped out allready and it does not matter how they going to put them back, they will die.

Trust me, I love jigging, but after seeing those pic's I understand why they are banning it. I mean a 15kg yellow belly, put back to die, because they had fun fighting it to the surface. And like I said before, I dont think its accident to catch one after the other bottom fish. Then you should know, I am not getting my target specie so I am doing something wrong here. But I think the guys just decide, well we dont get ambers and GT's, so lets have some fun with the bottoms, and thats F............ and that is what caused us this ban.
 
Top