Flare Set for Kayak

Donaven

New member
Hi Guys,

I Am looking for a flare kit for my kayak that I purchased recently. Do you guys know who is the cheapest here in Durban at the moment? Many Thanks:)
 

paddyo

New member
Check the expiry dates, cheaper ones often are cheaper because they are close to expiry. Ive always found seaport very good and the one you want is much more compact than what is in your picture
 

Parasite

New member
Viking Safety Equip. in Jacobs are the cheapest. All shops get their stock from them. Last set I bought for flare/smoke cost me R278.
 

Donaven

New member
Hi Guys, here are the prices I got today:

Seaport
Smoke + handheld flare in one - R350 less 10% discount
Life Jacket - R450
Life Jacket - R650

Viking
Rockets @ R285.00 each.
Hand held @R125.00 each.
Smokes @ R285.00 each.

Life jacket 100 newton @R325.00 each.
Life jacket 150 newton @R585.00 each


Wadeline
the flare set in the pic posted previously for R998

Thanks A lot for the assistance Guys_seal1_
 

Donaven

New member
Thanks Hammer, I believe you just need 1 orange smoke and 1 red flare for a kayak.. its R350 at seaport and it expires in 2016
 

Hammer

New member
Hi Donaven I just got my new flares yesterday in the post and are dated 04/14 to 04/17 and 06/14 to 06/17.
Give Kim Wade a call on 0833204285, he is very helpful.
 

Donaven

New member
called Kim today, he doesn't stock the combination flare which is required for a kayak.

I did however manage to get the flare from Viking for R256.50 incl vat the expiry is 12/2016.

Seaport is R315 and the expiry is 12/2016 aswell.

So thanks a lot for the assistance guys, learned a thing or two with regards to buying flares.

Cant wait to give the kayak a go!!:pad:::beer
 

iR Bennie

New member
I bought some from Nova Marine in bayhead in the harbor.
hand held red was R 110 exp. 03/2017
Smoke Orange was R 240 exp. 05/2017
 

codfather

Senior Member
If you are fishing anywhere except harbours you need PENCIL FLARES. That is the SMASA and SAKFA regulation. There are +/- 10 shots in a box. The harbour master / Durban  club say you need hand held flares and a smoke marker as that is a small craft regulation which you must follow if fishing in the Port Autority area. Bottom line is that if you are out at sea someone needs to see you. Flares do the job perfectly.
 
Top