Fishing Vaal dam in August

Dracos13

New member
Hi Guys, if this is stupid, please excuse me, I don't have much knowledge about fishing other than the good old days, I want to go fishing early in august, the reason being, from september all the places gets packed and everyone makes feeding spots, I don't do that, so I almost always never catch anything, so I want to try before all that happens.

Am I going to waste my time braving the cold?
 

iggy

Sealiner
Just remember that the bite will be slower, might still be cold when you go. Seeing you not making a feeding spot, may or may not slow your catching rate even more.

Any day at the water is better than a day at the office ::S

Seeing you  new here, it might help if you do sum searching on Sealine, lots of advise and tips here regarding winter fishing.

:welcomesea:
 

Dracos13

New member
Thanks, I was starting to think that I asked a very stupid question....bite with me is normally slow...so hopefully we are almost alone...so any bites will be fantastic!!^^..

As for blame....I blame carma....I am just one of those "lucky" guys.

I have searched for fishing in august but turned up nothing...did not think of searching for winter fishing...thanks for the tip!!

Also thank you for the welcome!!!
 

Oom G

New member
Hi Dracos,:welcomesea:
Feeding during angling will definetaly improve you chances of getting a fish or 2, even during winter....
You don't have to go and start feeding 2 days prior to your fishing session, just getting enough feed in the water during your session should get you the desired results.... In saying that, try and feed ONLY on one spot, i.e kolgooi...the closer you keep to your feeding,spot the better....For VERY usefull info, PM Naruto....his the vaal expert.. :)styw::
 
Top