Fishing Ski Section

fish byt gathered

Senior Member
Hi I also got a standerd pinnacle kayak if I take my plucks out I can c there is foam in front of my nose but there is not a sticker on the kayak to say it is buoyancy approved
 

Steady

Member
Back to the original thread.

Two oversights here resulted in you loosing your ski, I assume it sank?
1. Failure to do a pre launch check as already mentioned.
2. Failure to have a bucket on board to use to bail the water from the fish hatch? This is a must have. Get a container of some sorts and keep it in the hatch. Stealth and Tripper make folding buckets for just such occasions.

Sorry about your ski but hopefully your experience will help the rest of us to check those bungs.
 

ElardusD

New member
Hi steady,
I have found a big sponge to be much more effective in getting the water out. By the way I used a second ski recently and was fortunately able to catch a 30 kg Cob. Had to bring him back on my lap as the hatch was too small. By the time I brought him to the boat he just turned over dead.
Couldn't release him even if I wanted to.
 
Top