Fishing off a canoe in Swartvlei/Sedgefield

Corkscrew

New member
Hi Guys, new to this forum, i've been fishing in Swartvlei for a few years now, but recently got myself a canoe.

I want to know whats the best spot for catching Grunter and Cob in the Pine lake side/Top Side of Swartvlei.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 294

Cobus Blouberg

Senior Member
Up the river, past the old Outward Bound site - all species.

The bank just before the train bridge, grunter - single prawn on slow drift, or anything that resembles is.

Cob - some deep holes, I use my Eagle fishfinder to find them, some guys will have the GPS data - I have just never gone to the trouble or you could have had them. Livies a winner and worms also good, they do not pay much attention to chokka or sardines there - just my own experience, others might think differently.

And keep one stick free for casting, leeries always present.

And chumming just give you a better chance, as always.
 
Top