Fishing Grounds

Nick1990

New member
Ok so I am new to all of this and still waiting for the fishfinder/gps to arrive. I want to know to get to the barge in umhlanga are there any semi sheltered launches near by? I really don't mind the paddle to get there. Just not so excited about negotiating huge waves and swells lol. And then with regards to the spots how do I know when im actually there without a gps? Eg. The Wreck in Durban, The Barge, Limestone Reef, No 1 (don't even know if you could paddle out to here). Shot for the help guys.
 

Brakdog!

New member
Howsit bru,

Swell for the next few days should allow a reasonable launch from eastmoor or malindi to get to the barge. its about a kilometer out straight from malindi. Other good places to fish are westbrrok umdloti and seabelle, keep an eye on windguru and if it says the swell is below 1.8m then you should be good to hit it..... all going well I will be fishing the barge or westbrook on saturday morning if you are keen
 
Top