KalleSchwansen
New member
Hi together!
I'm working for a German company that has been announced by Eskom to erect some new coal fired power plants in Witbank (project Kusile) and in Lephalale (project Medupi). Maybe someone of you have already heard of it.
Now the point is that I will be seconded (for two years at this stage) to our affiliate in Jo'burg as of beginning of next year, but before I move to RSA with my family on a permanent basis, I will still have to do some business trips.
Another one will start on next Monday, staying in Jo'burg the first week, but then moving to our Medupi Site in Lephalale for approx. two weeks.
Now my question is, if it is to be worth to take my telescoping fishing rod with me and to visit some nice fishing spots in my little leisure time? Are there anyhow some good spots around Lephalale? Which fishes can be angled there and which baits should I take with me?
I would be really grateful to receive some answers so that I am able to evaluate the size of my suitcase for the trip.

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers
P.S.: I have a valid German fishing license, but I believe it is worthless in RSA, isn't it? What do I have to do or what do I need to show as a 'tourist', when I want to go fishing somewhere?
I'm working for a German company that has been announced by Eskom to erect some new coal fired power plants in Witbank (project Kusile) and in Lephalale (project Medupi). Maybe someone of you have already heard of it.
Now the point is that I will be seconded (for two years at this stage) to our affiliate in Jo'burg as of beginning of next year, but before I move to RSA with my family on a permanent basis, I will still have to do some business trips.
Another one will start on next Monday, staying in Jo'burg the first week, but then moving to our Medupi Site in Lephalale for approx. two weeks.
Now my question is, if it is to be worth to take my telescoping fishing rod with me and to visit some nice fishing spots in my little leisure time? Are there anyhow some good spots around Lephalale? Which fishes can be angled there and which baits should I take with me?
I would be really grateful to receive some answers so that I am able to evaluate the size of my suitcase for the trip.

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers
P.S.: I have a valid German fishing license, but I believe it is worthless in RSA, isn't it? What do I have to do or what do I need to show as a 'tourist', when I want to go fishing somewhere?