First Fish on Dropshot

CannonRocks303

New member
We have just come back from holiday and I'd like to report. While on holiday I only dropshotted 3 times. My sandworms kept on getting eaten- probably because I made them too long. On the last time I went dropshotting I was getting a bit despondant. I put on a 2/O jighead and an amberglow squid. I retrieved with a double tap. On about my third retrieve I hit an ON!! The fight was brief but as I got the fish out of the water my heart pounded faster, I had just caught my first fish on dropshot. I landed a kob, my favourite fish to catch and eat. He did not make size so I threw him back. I was super stoked after that!!!! Cant wait for next holiday!!!!!:D:D:D:D;););):babee:babee;););):D:D:D:D
 

Torpedo Jack

Senior Member
Well done CR303!
Please send some pics, please! We're hoping to try this dropshot out in April, to get our hearts pounding also!!


I've read that the guys break the sandworms into 2 or 3 pieces to keep them short and prevent their being eaten without your knowing. Who knows, maybe you could try it?

Where did you guys stay?

Mike

 
 

CannonRocks303

New member
We stayed at our holiday home in the Eastern Cape, Kenton-on-Sea. Where are you going in April? We are going to our holiday home at Uvongo, have you fished there?
 

Torpedo Jack

Senior Member
Hi. I posted a question for all the Sealine guys to help with location selection. Still waiting for replies, but I'll go anywhere on the KZN coast where the fishing is good and there is a lagoon or safe beach for my 2 boys, 8 & 9 to fish. Haven't done sea fishing for 20+ years, and am aching to test my new dropshot gear. ;)How is the fishing in Uvongo, and when are you going again? Do you have kids?

Ta,

Mike

 
 

CannonRocks303

New member
Have not dropshotted in Uvongo yet. I only got my dropshot rig for christmas. However My dad and I are avid rock and surf fisherman. In Uvongo you could try Uvongo Pier- Famous for Shad, St Michaels tidal pool, Orange Rocks in fact anywhere up to Port Edward and the Transkei border is excellent fishing. I dont have kids, I am only 17!!!!:shock::cool::cool::cool: 
 

TRDwp

Senior Member
[color="#006600"]CannonRocks303[/color] wrote:
Have not dropshotted in Uvongo yet. I only got my dropshot rig for christmas. However My dad and I are avid rock and surf fisherman. In Uvongo you could try Uvongo Pier- Famous for Shad, St Michaels tidal pool, Orange Rocks in fact anywhere up to Port Edward and the Transkei border is excellent fishing. I dont have kids, I am only 17!!!!:shock::cool::cool::cool: 
17?.....goood.Fishing is the best way to stay out of trouble...my opinion and personal experience lol
 

mashaba

New member
hey cannonrocks303

a friend of mine has a holiday home in kenton and we are going there in april. we have just started rock and surf fishing and wondering have you done any rock and surf fishing in the kenton area and do you know of any good spots? we have recently caught a few sandsharks and some greys but nothing massive. also looking to target kob, have you got any info that may help us?

thanks
 

Torpedo Jack

Senior Member
Hi CR303,

Just confirmed last-minute booking for April stay in Uvongo. :D:D:DWe'll be staying abour 200m from the lagoon. Do you know if the lagoon is open or not? How will this affect the fishing?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

 
 
Top