First Bronze Whaler

Beachmate

New member
My mate Gary (novice angler) has always expressed the wish to catch a big shark.This past Saturday I really wanted to go and wet a line so decided it would be a good idea to take him along to Macassir .We got to the water at about 08h00 and I put in a Yellowtail head on the slide for him.I was still busy tackling up when I saw him running down to the rod......Vas!!.

Anyway in the next hour or so Gary discovered the pleasure (and pain) of fighting a decent Bronzy.That was the end of my angling until he got his fish out which we accomplished without gaffing and took then took a few pics.Its a good feeling to see someone catch their first decent fish and share their excitement.

Later on we moved to Strandfonteinn and I was lucky enough to get a nice Kob for the pan.

What was interesting to me was the different colour of the water between Macs and Strands.Macassir was brownish and had a lot of weed.Also a lot of current.Strands was clearer with nice colour in places and less current.I must say that at this stage,I`m never sure which is best and tend to rely in instinct.Would we interested in any comments on this.

Pic of Bronzy attached 
 

Attachments

  • L1000226_edited.JPG
    L1000226_edited.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 168

Mangi

Sealiner
Congrats to your buddy on the catch!

We were down at Macs from 08:30 to about 14:00. Nothing, Nada, Niks. Should have stayed for the push, but had a prior engagement to get to.
 

Abaddon

Sealiner
Bah - No worries guy.. you get an out with this one since you a relative newbie..
Nice sharkey though, congrats.
That kobbie should also see a slide rig for another one eh..

Not sure how to move it but sure admin would handle that - not like they got anything to do anyway.. lol..:walk
 

Beachmate

New member
Thanks ,been visiting Sealine for a while now and enjoy reading all the comments,so thought I might as well share one of my experiences  
 

neilg

Sealiner
No problem, just "ripping" you a bit that's all, no harm done.

I don't think you can move the post, so just leave it here.

Next time the penalty will be ONLY USING LURES and you HAVE TO PRODUCE ANOTHER SHARK ON IT ...
 

Koper

Senior Member
Beachmate wrote:
Thanks ,been visiting Sealine for a while now and enjoy reading all the comments,so thought I might as well share one of my experiences 
Please share more - always a bit of good hart'd "ripping" going on!
 
Top