Durban Harbour Kayaking

Captain Kirk

New member
Hi All. Iv seen many guys kayaking and fishing in the Durban Harbour.I did try kayking fishing before and gave up after numerous pounding in the surf, LOL . I want to start kayak fishing again and i thought a good place would be to start of flat water and work my way up. Id like some information about the rules and regulations concerning taking ur kayak out into the harbour. R there zones that one is not permitted to take ur kayak? Can i join anyone who is presently Kayaking in the Harbour? Thanks
 

shiv17

Member
Perhaps look at joining a club such as http://www.durbanpaddleskiclub.co.za/.

They will help you get the permit needed for use of watercraft in the harbour area. They will also provide a map of restricted etc.
 

Ninja-Nic

Sealiner
Bru I'm actually looking into joining a club to so I can launch my Tunny in the harbor. Here's some slightly more solid info on clubs in the area. All old post but i'll be looking into them and will let you know what I find out.

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=43859&forum_id=11

Fynnland Angling Club-Information
Contact : --
Phone : 031 4666787
Fax : --
Address : 23 SeafarerRd, Durban, KwaZulu Natal
EMail : --
Web Site : --
Url : http://za.w393.com/Fynnland Angling Club/11780549092

Mobile Url : http://zas.w393.com/Fynnland Angling Club/11780549092

::tight:
 
Top