Drowning in the Cape 2014

Muddie

New member
Drowning,not a nice topic but as Kayakers it would be in our interest to find out what happened. I have been researching the web and it is amazing what most of kayakers deaths are attributed too. At this point there is nothing on the web of the incident in the Cape. Hope the radio news was correct.
 

Mahi mahi

Sealiner
Don't know what drowning you are referring to, but you might want to look on the nsri site, they usually have up to date reports on maritime accidents!
 

Muddie

New member
Thanks for the pointer, I heard it on the late radio news. Not much was said, so I just want to see if anyone else could shed some light on this tragic incident. They did say it was a canoe, but at sea ?.
 

Muddie

New member
Just checked the NSRI web Site and there it is. The drowning took place 10km up the Krom River and not at sea.
They were using a canoe which rolled, two made it to the river bank and the third is still missing. As a kayaker, I just need to know what safety had been flaunted if any.
 
Top