Does Drop shotting/ Lure angling work at Night?

Faizal-D

Senior Member
Hi Guys,

Does Drop shotting/ Lure angling work at Night? I have tried drop shotting, spooning etc in Durban harbour but haven't had any success.

Thanks
 

Riaan_The_Legend

Senior Member
Yes it most certainly does! I've caught cob, bellman, blacktail, stacks of moonies, yellowbellies, shad and all sorts at night! Time + effort will get you fish!
 

Riaan_The_Legend

Senior Member
Camo worm, camo worm, 3 and 4 inch minnows in darker colours and lastly camo worm! I actually only use camo worm. In my opinion, the other types catch more fisherman than fish.
 

tauruck

Sealiner
My feeling is that most of the guys are just here to MILK info out of the experienced okes.

Try stuff. Different stuff.

How will you ever learn anything if you take tips from people and when that doesn't work you're lost.

Don't you think you'd be better off coming on Sealine and say "I tried dropshot at night but I blanked time after time and eventually I found the secret.

You want free fish?. Turn into a Seagull.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

neilg

Sealiner
tauruck wrote:
My feeling is that most of the guys are just here to MILK info out of the experienced okes. 
:clap12

That is a very true statement

it definately does work.

What I have found with spoons and also the ondas, if I'm very high above the water my success rate tends to drop dramatically, put me level with the water and the rate goes up again.
 

SuperFly

New member
With the lumo lures do you need to "charge" them under a light / torch after each cast so that they glow nicely? Or is the effect more subtle.

Sorry to be milking here but I just don't get to fish the coast but for 5 days a year - you just don't have the time to experiment that much

Trust me we really appreciate the info
 
Top