do aliens exist?

calamari

have been busy,like everyone else,,earning a crust, also was hoping for the 'proper' thread to reappear:alien

btw,i asked what was the purpose of these ?

i personnaly think the old structures of this era,5/10 thousand years ago, hold many answer's, if only for the <fact> that such structures are not 'buildable' with todays current knowledge,or equipment.
no explanation can come close to explaning how,or even ,WHY ,such structures are on this planet?
answer's welcome!
anyone?

Glenn

Sealiner
calamari wrote:
have been busy,like everyone else,,earning a crust, also was hoping for the 'proper' thread to reappear:alien

i personnaly think the old structures of this era,5/10 thousand years ago, hold many answer's, if only for the <fact> that such structures are not 'buildable' with todays current knowledge,or equipment.
no explanation can come close to explaning how,or even ,WHY ,such structures are on this planet?
answer's welcome!
anyone?

Where is MOULDIE when you need him for answers Jim!??:fbash

Mouldz

Sealiner
Glenn wrote:
calamari wrote:

answer's welcome!
anyone?

You guys are gonna get me in trouble again,the idea of these structures not been buildable today is just a myth,its what they want you to believe,its been proven time and time again that it is possible,Solomon built his temple which outshone even the most awesome buildings you find today,in those days they had the man power and time was not a issue,now days we want everything done now and we are not prepared to work for it

Glenn

Sealiner
MOULDIE wrote:
Glenn wrote:
calamari wrote:

answer's welcome!
anyone?

You guys are gonna get me in trouble again,the idea of these structures not been buildable today is just a myth,its what they want you to believe,its been proven time and time again that it is possible,Solomon built his temple which outshone even the most awesome buildings you find today,in those days they had the man power and time was not a issue,now days we want everything done now and we are not prepared to work for it

MOULDIE the human race has changed so much over the years.. Certain things that are happening are being ignored and blind eyes are being enforced? I also personally think that things are going that fast now adays ie... technology etc etc.. Are moving that fast we no longer enjoy the fundemental things off life anymore? Yet everyone now miss's the original plan so to speak. That's why I love south Africa.. Most of it is untouched by this! And because of this we are all heading down a black hole fast.

calamari

MOULDIE wrote:
Glenn wrote:
calamari wrote:

answer's welcome!
anyone?

haha mouldie, we never in trouble are we?
i'm aware and understand what you say, fully agree that we can lift big ships out the water,and make straight lines,and move huge weights ,,
but we have modern technolegy to do this,,the proof of which is all around us.what i need is the 'proof' of thier technolegy that enabled 'them' to do it 5000+ years ago?
where's the old cranes?,please don't say it was done with a plumb bob' and straight edge?and how many people to drag a 5000 ton rock?,,,up a cliff?
i think we are all looking for answers to our own questions,where ever our beliefs lie,,sure, most things can be explained,to your satisfaction, not always to other peoples view.which is why we discuss this stuff,,,all anybody wants is answers?

Glenn

Sealiner
calamari wrote:
MOULDIE wrote:
Glenn wrote:
calamari wrote:

answer's welcome!
anyone?

i'm aware and understand what you say, fully agree that we can lift big ships out the water,and make straight lines,and move huge weights ,,
but we have modern technolegy to do this,,the proof of which is all around us.what i need is the 'proof' of thier technolegy that enabled 'them' to do it 5000+ years ago?
where's the old cranes?,please don't say it was done with a plumb bob' and straight edge?and how many people to drag a 5000 ton rock?,,,up a cliff?
i think we are all looking for answers to our own questions,where ever our beliefs lie,,sure, most things can be explained,to your satisfaction, not always to other peoples view.which is why we discuss this stuff,,,all anybody wants is answers?

I think the answers lye in some of the mayans predictions. What I can't understand is... How they got there predictions.. How can someone predict from the sky! ????

Mouldz

Sealiner
calamari wrote:
MOULDIE wrote:
Glenn wrote:
calamari wrote:

answer's welcome!
anyone?

This is were I am caught in a catch 22 situation,I believe that the Bible is a accurate discription of how the world was formed and there fore the time lines of the Bible are what I use to examine these things,but unfortunatly i am not allowed to use the Bible or other religious articles in my discussions.

You guys believe the world to be much older and I respect that,but in my mind the world is as old as the Biblical scholars say and when we use it as a historical record then things fall into place.

A good example is the Mayans,lets say,as I believe,that the dating methods are wrong and the Mayan culture is not as old as you say, then these things are not predictions but memories or recordings of what was handed down through the ancient Hebrew texts .

Martin SSS

Maybe the conspiracy theorists have it right. Maybe we can't handle the truth about the aliens that have visited us. The thing is, what would an alien look like? I still don't think they would look like The Greys or anything depicted so far.

A quote from Carl Sagan's Cosmos.
Were the Earth to be started over again with all its physical features identical, it is extremely unlikely that anything closely resembling a human being would ever again emerge. There is a powerful random character to the evolutionary process. A cosmic ray striking a different gene, producing a different mutation, can have small consequences early but profound consequences late. Happenstance may play a powerful role in biology, as it does in history. The farther back the critical events occur, the more powerfully can they influence the present.
For example, consider our hands. We have five fingers, including one opposable thumb. They serve us quite well. But I think we would be served equally well with six fingers including a thumb, or four fingers including a thumb, or maybe five fingers and two thumbs. There is nothing intrinsically best about our particular configuration of fingers, which we ordinarily think of as so natural and inevitable. We have five fingers because we have descended from a Devonian fish that had five phalanges or bones in its fins. Had we descended from a fish with four or six phalanges, we would have four or six fingers on each hand and would think them perfectly natural. We use base ten arithmetic only because we have ten fingers on our hands.* Had the arrangement been otherwise, we would use base eight or base twelve arithmetic and relegate base ten to the New Math. The same point applies, I believe, to many more essential aspects of our being - our hereditary material, our internal biochemistry, our form, stature, organ systems, loves and hates, passions and despairs, tenderness and aggression, even our analytical processes - all of these are, at least in part, the result of apparently minor accidents in our immensely long evolutionary history. Perhaps if one less dragonfly had drowned in the Carboniferous swamps, the intelligent organisms on our planet today would have feathers and teach their young in rookeries. The pattern of evolutionary causality is a web of astonishing complexity; the incompleteness of our understanding humbles us.

* The arithmetic based on the number 5 or 10 seems so obvious that the ancient Greek equivalent of ‘to count’ literally means ‘to five.’

So, if there is another planet with exactly the same conditions as ours, why would the creatures there look the same as ours. The probability is very close to zero.

WWFisherman

Martin SSS wrote:
So, if there is another planet with exactly the same conditions as ours, why would the creatures there look the same as ours. The probability is very close to zero.
This. And with the universe being close to 14 billion years old, the likelihood of another intelligent species being anywhere close to the same evolutionary stage as us is unlikely as well. Multiply time by variety and we'd have to be very presumptuous to think aliens would resemble us in any way.

Mouldz

Sealiner
Astronomer Wing-Huan Ip, from the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy, looked into the conditions necessary for a moon to break up. He says the combined mass of Saturn’s rings would amount to a moon at least 100 kilometres wide (Earth’s moon is 3,473 kilometres wide). Ip says that such a moon could be shattered by a comet only two kilometres across. Yet Ip calculates that such a ring-forming collision would not happen in 30 billion years. This is about twice the age claimed for the universe by most evolutionists.

Laurance R. Doyle (NASA) of Ames Research Center, and colleagues also support a relatively young age for Saturn's rings. They examined 14 images taken by Voyager’s cameras to find the reflectivity of Saturn’s brightest ring. They found that the particles forming the ring are most likely coated with fine, dust-like ice. They say that micro-meteoroids would gradually erode and darken the particle surfaces. Even if the grains began as pure ice they would be blackened after only 100 million years. ‘If the rings have existed… since the origin of the solar system’, they say, ‘they should be much darker than they presently are.’

From these claims, the problems for evolutionists are these:

Saturn is believed to be billions of years old, but the present condition of its rings means they can't be more than 100 million years old.
The universe is believed to be about 15 billion years old, but the circumstances which might form Saturn's rings could not possibly happen in this time.

WWFisherman

MOULDIE wrote:
Saturn is believed to be billions of years old, but the present condition of its rings means they can't be more than 100 million years old.
The universe is believed to be about 15 billion years old, but the circumstances which might form Saturn's rings could not possibly happen in this time.
Why do Saturn's rings have to be as old as Saturn? My car is a lot older than the crack in its windscreen.

Mouldz

Sealiner
WWFisherman wrote:
MOULDIE wrote:
Why do Saturn's rings have to be as old as Saturn? My car is a lot older than the crack in its windscreen.

Nobody said they were,there are two scenarios here,in order for Saturn to develop these rings after a comet shattered its surface it would have to be more than 30mill years,and the other is that the rings themselves are estimated at 100m years,both dispute the fact that the universe is 14mill years old.

The third scenario is they were created that way

kraken

Martin SSS wrote:
Maybe the conspiracy theorists have it right. Maybe we can't handle the truth about the aliens that have visited us. The thing is, what would an alien look like? I still don't think they would look like The Greys or anything depicted so far.

A quote from Carl Sagan's Cosmos.
Were the Earth to be started over again with all its physical features identical, it is extremely unlikely that anything closely resembling a human being would ever again emerge. There is a powerful random character to the evolutionary process. A cosmic ray striking a different gene, producing a different mutation, can have small consequences early but profound consequences late. Happenstance may play a powerful role in biology, as it does in history. The farther back the critical events occur, the more powerfully can they influence the present.
For example, consider our hands. We have five fingers, including one opposable thumb. They serve us quite well. But I think we would be served equally well with six fingers including a thumb, or four fingers including a thumb, or maybe five fingers and two thumbs. There is nothing intrinsically best about our particular configuration of fingers, which we ordinarily think of as so natural and inevitable. We have five fingers because we have descended from a Devonian fish that had five phalanges or bones in its fins. Had we descended from a fish with four or six phalanges, we would have four or six fingers on each hand and would think them perfectly natural. We use base ten arithmetic only because we have ten fingers on our hands.* Had the arrangement been otherwise, we would use base eight or base twelve arithmetic and relegate base ten to the New Math. The same point applies, I believe, to many more essential aspects of our being - our hereditary material, our internal biochemistry, our form, stature, organ systems, loves and hates, passions and despairs, tenderness and aggression, even our analytical processes - all of these are, at least in part, the result of apparently minor accidents in our immensely long evolutionary history. Perhaps if one less dragonfly had drowned in the Carboniferous swamps, the intelligent organisms on our planet today would have feathers and teach their young in rookeries. The pattern of evolutionary causality is a web of astonishing complexity; the incompleteness of our understanding humbles us.

* The arithmetic based on the number 5 or 10 seems so obvious that the ancient Greek equivalent of ‘to count’ literally means ‘to five.’

An extremely logical theory! And it certainly adds weight to the argument that most, if not all, the reported sightings and 'encounters' with moon monkeys are nothing more than a type of mass hysteria fueled by the generic images of little green men that mass media spews out to the bored and gullible masses.
A skill that they learnt from the worlds religions.

WWFisherman

MOULDIE wrote:
WWFisherman wrote:
MOULDIE wrote:

Nobody said they were,there are two scenarios here,in order for Saturn to develop these rings after a comet shattered its surface it would have to be more than 30mill years,and the other is that the rings themselves are estimated at 100m years,both dispute the fact that the universe is 14mill years old.

The third scenario is they were created that way
According to one astronomer, although I can't find his evidence. Also, the third scenario, that they were created that way, is not the only other scenario. What you're saying is "I'm not sure how this happened so it must have been created". That's a bit like saying "I don't know why my car won't start. It's not the petrol or the spark plugs so the only explanation is that a goblin crept into the engine and pulled out wires". You've got to exhaust a lot more options before you come to that conclusion.

calamari

well the same arguement about the chicken or the egg comes to mind?
what did lead to what?or are all things interdependant?

i may be :cens for this bit but i feel both lines of thought may be dependant on each other, one leads to the other. alien and religion are beliefs, and are what YOU believe,,
the reason,as mouldie questions,that religion is not 'allowed' on this thread is to stop it becoming a fight over either,,
which is a pity,i think, but also people get too over the top ,,and emotional,,,
i am open to both sides!!!

oh, i see a post missing,,,,,,,,What, Where?????:SSS

calamari

hhahaaa,,, who was that????

kracken put a post about something this afternoon ,,,,and said admin will remove it,this afternoon,they did,,,,
ask him .
or he edited it?