Dingy setup assistance

Chris John

New member
Hi All,

I am sure this has been debated to hell already however I am looking to get a dingy, motor, battery and fish finder. The Monstercarp Tackle dingy looks good but what size motor and make of motor would suffice and also battery.

Then regarding the fish finder what are reasonable options.

Thanks chaps
 

Chris John

New member
My Budget is flexible, Looking for a good deal and don't want to throw money away.

I will be fishing various lakes so no specific size, Looking for a good all rounder
 

HennieB

Sealiner
Instead of a trolling motor, charger and more than 1 battery that you'll need when fishing big dams ie. Doorndraai, Tzaneen etc rather look at getting a petrol motor.

As for the MCT inflatables I can't comment on them but I am sceptical about locally produced inflatables. Fish finder well that depends on what you're looking for but I would not settle for anything less than a unit with down scan imaging. R3000 is a starting point.
 

Chris John

New member
Have you got a pic of the motor, My concern is I dont want something that is too big for a 2,4m inflatable.

HOw much you want for it?
 

Chris John

New member
Have you got a pic of the motor, My concern is I dont want something that is too big for a 2,4m inflatable.

HOw much you want for it?
 

JohannM

Senior Member
Don't buy an inflatable especially not these locally made ones. Waste of money. They last a few years, leak, go limp when its cool and gets blown around on the water like a dry leaf.

Get a small dingy
 

ANTON BARNARD

New member
if u start cheap u will end up buying again ,like me

visit aquastrike ,an awsome inflatable (u get what u pay for ) there was only one after this that impressed me ,,it is the Jackel boat.

Motor wise don't buy to big ,the parsun 3.6 is perfect

Have fun
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3414 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_3414 (800x600).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 223

JohannM

Senior Member
I had an Ark recently and it had an inflatable hull and an awesome PVC covered fold up Marine Ply Floor.

I sold it for R6k. You can often find Ark boats on OLX for bargains.

Inflatables are all crap though. Cant be bothered with those things.
 

Chris John

New member
Thanks Chaps,

More confused than ever but non the less. Will take you advice and look carefully.

JOhan if you see or know of anything for sale let me know please
 
Top