Dimalachite

Hanswors1024

New member
Thank you very much Steve. 

Will make sure i remember to take a shovel with me.

I will go get some Onion, Banjo and Banana this afternoon.

Any other tips will always be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help.  TIGHT LINES FOR THE WEEKEND GUYS!!!!

:ifishin:fbash:fishn:::S
 

ccole

New member
Which stand are you on?

Don't forget the extra blankets, gets very cold ((wideeye))

Enjoy and Tight Lines Hanswors1024

Let us know how it goes and don't forget the pictures:wfish

 
 

Robr

New member
@ ccole, great to see you got a few good fish this venue can produce some really big ones and is definitely worth returning to when it warmer.

@ Hanswors1024 good luck for the weekend, what stand will you be fishing from? We have caught muddies off the same flavors we used for carp. As ccole says let us know how it goes and don't forget the pictures! Tight lines!



:fishn
 

Hanswors1024

New member
We are staying in chalet A-Z5. According to the manager there, they reserve stands for the people living in the chalets, so he said I didn't need to book...

Ja I believe its going to be quite cold so we are gearing up with blankets and heaters. Should still be fun though.

Thanks all, will put up some pics as soon as we get back, hopefully the fish are size :wfish
 

Hanswors1024

New member
Wow, what a weekend! 

 

I blanked...

 

Don't get me wrong, the weather was great, I would give the venue a 7/10 but I blanked.

Out of about 30 anglers, I saw about 8 fish come out.  5 of which were the same guy.

Average weight was about 7kg, so thats fantastic

I tried every combo, every mielie, every floatie, every SWD.  I doublechecked where the channel was running.  I tried custard powder, SAP, FX, Fluoro, Devilsfork, Caramel, Banana, Banjo, Pineapple, Onion, Garlic, Bloekom, Chop Chop, Tutti Fruiti, Looti, Mielie Muti, Honey, TCP, Aniseed, Bunspice etc.

 

I have no idea what i did wrong.

 

 
 

ccole

New member
Sorry to hear about that Hanswors!! Strange that there was so little activity over the weekend. Where did you fish from?
 

ccole

New member
Where is Sabie are you going Steve?

Booked for Dimalachite 30 Aug to 1st Sep, thought we could poosibly be there at the same time.
 

Steve Catlin

New member
I am going to Merry Pebbles, I want to do some Yellow fish on lures and some Micro Fishing - Artlure, I read a lot about it over the weekend.
 

Hanswors1024

New member
I have been to Goose Bay Canyon Ranch. What a lekker place. People are so friendly and the cats are always biting!!


Tight lines gentlemen!!
 

Big Truck

New member
Off to Dimalachite this weekend , hopefully the fish will be keen for me to beat my PB of 6 KG's.:ssswim::ssswim::ssswim:
 

Big Truck

New member
Well I guess Better Late Than Never,

So we Arrived Late on Friday Night , It was A little cold but we wanted to get our Rods In.

We were Booked at Fishing Site Visarend 2. and were Staying in the Lodge Behind it, a bit too far to see our Rods about 80m but still close enough.

We put 4 Rods in by 22h00 of Friday, manned them till about 02h30 and got No Bites. We were Trying alot of the Onion Based Floaties and Dips that I thought might work from the research I had done Online.

07h00 and we were Back with Six Rods( 2 each for Myself and My Sisters BF( Eugene) and i each for the Ladies( Talitha and Keri) in the Water. We were Now Trying alsorts of different Floaties, Miellie Pitte and Dips.

At About 8h20 Eugene got a reel run on a pink sweet Floatie and Bloekom Mielie. We were using a FLuoro Mieliebom from JVD with FX Slick Dip . He managed to Land an Awesome 8.2 Kg Carp.

For the Rest of the Day we had very Little Action unitl later that Evening when , I got some Live Worms off our Neighbours. and Caught 2 Small Barbel.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20140920-WA000.jpg
    IMG-20140920-WA000.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 168

Big Truck

New member
Come Sunday Morning, We decided to Throw all our Best Stuff at the River, we had gone to the On-Site Cafe and Had a chat with the Guy behind the Counter about what he said worked and Where we Should be Casting Etc (I have only been into Fishing since May and This was Eugene's first Fishing Trip)so we seek the " Hot Setup" from whoiever will share it with us. He advised that they Like sweet Stuff and Told us Where to Cast from where we were and Drew us a Picture.We also Chatted to some of the Fisherman in the Camping Area and asked what was working for them and they recommended FX Floaties.

So mixed up some Lemmetjies Ground Bait ( i like this stuff because it is Ready Quickly and Sticks to the Bom Holder Nicely, its very Sticky) Got the FX Floaties out , I used some Reel Run Miellie Pitte, and FX, and Stuttafords and Quatro on the Bom.

10 Am I got a Bite and Managed to Land a New PB for myself of 6.2 Kg
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20140921-WA001.jpg
    IMG-20140921-WA001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 168
Top