Dimalachite

CAN-MAN

Member
Was there from 2-6 Jan fishing is tough for carp ....sorry to sound negative here over the whole entire trip I only knew of two carp that came out on the entire resort, plenty of smallmouth yellowfish were caught, tiny though I caught a 3.2 kg Barberon strawberry boilies
 

superb

New member
There were alot of Muddys that came out when I was there (26 - 28 dec) Yellows were busy on the surface , carp were out deeper, but the deeper you go , the more you snag... I used torpedos just so that when the fish takes the bait , I can lift it quickly and stay away from the snags.. I took a 5kg barbel on a platanna and had an awesome run on a piece of chicken(lol) but was too quick and the hook didnt set. But everything was caught , yellos , muddys , carp and barbel. I even caught on fly..
 

CAN-MAN

Member
Was checkin the flow rates from the barrage on the time I was there seems the flow doubled from an average of 30 cubic metres per sec to 60 even 70 from the 2 Dec that could have been the main cause .............what fly pattern did you use please post a pic if you can it will be appreciated. For next time I'm there.
 

superb

New member
I got one muddy on a PTN hotspot and a yellow on a flying ant pattern . Flying ant hatch was all over the show and the fish was extremely busy on the surface in the mornings and late in the afternoons.
 
Top