Did someone maybe fish Kloofzicht lately? How's

bekkerian

Senior Member
I think Ill go later in May...got my first carp on fly there!

when you going Marno? let us know how it went...
 

Attachments

  • DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 399

marno

Senior Member
I don't know when I will be going.  

There are some BIIIIGGGG carp there.  Caught a couple on fly there.  Also got a nice bass. 

Here's one I got there.
 

Attachments

  • Kloofzicht 001.jpg
    Kloofzicht 001.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 395

marno

Senior Member
Another small carp at Kloofzicht.  This day I fished with the manager in charge of the fly fishing.
 

Attachments

  • SSA41189.JPG
    SSA41189.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 393

camstaude

Senior Member
How does one catch carp their?

What sort of rig and fly? I fished there a while back and caught one tiny carp on a wooly bugger. there were some seriously big carp jumping there.

Also Marno what did you catch the bass on? I have never caught a bass on fly and am super keen to catch one!
 

marno

Senior Member
Hi camstaude,

I normally use my 6/7wt a big DDD and underneath it I hang a nymph. You see them cruising next to the bank and you throw about 1m ahead of them so they do not spook. I took carp on the dry fly and on the dropper, so both work.

The bass take anything there. I have big flies that I tie myself, it looks like a small fish. When you strip that fly fast, they do not leave it alone.
 

deisel

Sealiner
no like suiker bos rand and vaal river,, emmarentia i fish cause its convienent and if you ask most specimen anglers its not an easy water to fish,, why you always biting my balls ryan? if you wanna target trout, try bersig its a simple small dam but the fishing is more challanging and the trout on average are bigger,, 50 a day, enjoy
 

marno

Senior Member
Hallo, I would have gone to the Vaal if I had the time.

I fished Bergsig and Brookwood lots of times, but the carp and bass fishing at Kloofzicht is good.

I am not interested in trout. I know Bergsig have trout as well and you can catch & Release, but I don't know if the 2 dams at Bergsig are well stocked.

Caught carp on fly at Brookwood and Bergsig, but there are just so much more carp at Kloofzicht.
 

marno

Senior Member
It is the farm next to Kloofzicht. It is between Kloofzicht and Brookwood. There's a big board that have a trout on it and it says Bergsig. You normally pay at the farmhouse. R50 for the day and they allow C&R.
 

deisel

Sealiner
hi cam,, its between kloofzight and brookwood,, it is as well stocked but the fish are not fed on pellets or feed, and for some reason are much harder to catch, if youcome early on july morning and go stand in front of the inlet you can see at least 50 60 fish haning round the flowwing water,,, i know there are a spna, as for carp i dunno how well its stocked ive seen a hell of alot of carp jumping but never had sucsess and most of the bass are tiny
 

Ryan

Sealiner
deisel wrote:
no like suiker bos rand and vaal river,, emmarentia i fish cause its convienent and if you ask most specimen anglers its not an easy water to fish,, why you always biting my balls ryan? if you wanna target trout, try bersig its a simple small dam but the fishing is more challanging and the trout on average are bigger,, 50 a day, enjoy

If you want the honest truth.......

Read my favorite fishing spot in my profile........

That should answer your question

Water is Water - I guarantee you emmarentia is more polluted and man impacted than Kloofzicht will ever be....
 
Top