Detiots kloof

gallieman

Senior Member
Lubbe , here is my selection of favourites for the streams in du toits kloof.
clockwise from the top: spiders, flying ant , beetle, black cricket, hoppers, RAB's tyed the proper way, small DDD and elk wing caddis. these are all dry flys.
 

Attachments

  • kwaai 061.jpg
    kwaai 061.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 83

Nepptune

Sealiner
Gallie - Whats up with all the Browns on the Smallblaar these days? I've been outta the loop on the fly scene ( jigging and Popping and too much work will do that to you ) and seeing recent reports, I'v seen a good number of brownies being taken on the Smallblaar...

I'd always though that the Witte was the only Brownie water in the Cape... please excuse my ignorance, but any info would be great.

By the way, that first shot of that rising fish is a cracker....
Is that a Steve Dugmore in the last pic?

Great pics!
 

gallieman

Senior Member
well according to others the little trout farm above beat6 had an issue with one of their ponds that was filled with browns ,something happened and the pond overflowed and all the browns went into the stream. Hey Im not complaining, the browns dont seem to be entering the elandspad but are making there way down the smalblaar, and Im sure that this winter with a bit of spate the gold will be distributed down the smalblaar! Imagine in a years time we'll start landing 16 -18 inch browns in the smal.
No , thats not a stephen dugmore , I built this last year and am currently setting up a studio to start building on custom order. I will likely also build custom on the usual blanks, sage etc.etc.Heres a 5'0" #3 I'm busy finishing, short for bushy streams such as beat 6 yet light enough to have fun with smaller fish.
 

Attachments

  • kwaai 066.jpg
    kwaai 066.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 80

gallieman

Senior Member
theres actually 3 brownie spots in the cape, the witte , witels and olifants.
In the cedarberg there is also  a secret brownie stream .
 
Top