Which Reel will you go with

• DAIWA SALTIGA LD60H DOGFIGHT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SHIMANO TALICA 50 2 SPEED

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andz

hey guys,

Im looking at getting another reel, for drone shark fishingso im Kinda left with 2 options
  1. DAIWA SALTIGA LD60H DOGFIGHT OVERHEAD REEL[/*]
  2. SHIMANO TALICA 50 2 SPEED[/*]
they both are excellent reels, but the Shimano seems tobe better spec'd.
My head says Talica but my heart says Saltiga 60.

It be nice to hear you guy's thoughts before I get one.

TIA Andz

Redrogue

Talica 50 Hands down.

I might be wrong but the LD60 doesn't have a 2spd and a lot lower capacity?

LD60 - probably gets 1000m 75 lb braid and its full
Talica 50 - 1000m 100lb braid + 200m 0.8mm topshot (or more)

The two reels aren't really comparable the Talica is a bigger much more capable reel.

Andz

Redrogue wrote:
Talica 50 Hands down.

I might be wrong but the LD60 doesn't have a 2spd and a lot lower capacity?

LD60 - probably gets 1000m 75 lb braid and its full
Talica 50 - 1000m 100lb braid + 200m 0.8mm topshot (or more)
The two reels aren't really comparable the Talica is a bigger much more capable reel.
i suppose u cant compare wit the 2...thanx for the info

Dave Batista

Sealiner
My 2 cents here, dont get either of the above mentioned reels. There are many reels out there that can land giants that are affordable and have intense drag and capacity.

The LD 60 lacks the capacity, you need a reel that can take 1000m of 100lbs and 100m of 0.85mm at least to take on giant sharks and land them in a safe and efficient manner. The Talica will meeet the capacity but will cost a lot and is fine if you willing to pay heaps.

Very good reels that are 5k or less are the tyrnos 50II and Squall 50vsw and TLD 50A. They can hold 1000m of 100lbs and plenty topshot. Ive owned a tyrnos 50 and have a squall currently. Squall has loads of capacity while the tyrnos has the perfect balance of size weight and power in my opinion. my tyrnos 50 had 850m of 100lbs HMP then 300m of 120lbs jdb then 80m of 1mm topshot 100m if it was fill to the brim and barely any space for the bemini to fit on. My squall has 1200m of 100lbs then 100m of 1mm and a 16m 2.2mm wind-on that fits onto the reel.

The drag is what stops a big fish and line thickness not capacity but you do need decent capacity for that submarine that you will end up hooking at some point. with 100lbs and 1mm fish struggle to take line on heavy drag under 200kgs . 

Psy

Sealiner
Andz.....

They are both very good pieces of kit and are both priced equally high.
The Shimano is inmho a better product all round.

In my experience, spending so much on a big piece of tackle warrants thought but also buy right the first time as you will be left with something that you will be sorry you acquired in the first place.
Dave has pulled out a few beasts from the rocks and beach there at Mazeppa and has the practical experience.

If you aren't sure of the choice to make, question both Riaan Vd Sant(Tuna)and Craig(Enigma) both on this forum!
As you know, both of those guys are well in tune with big fish and have taken a few hidings too.

Best of luck with your choice.

::tight:

Moyeni

Sealiner
Howzit Andz,

I own the Talica 25 2 speed and Dogfight LD60 which I use for drone fishing.

Which is easier when fighting BIG sharks definitely the Talica 25.

But my LD60 is a beast of a reel. It might take me longer to land a fish but its solid.

I would suggest the Talica 50 because it would also carry more braid / mono.