Daiwa Regal 4500

neilg

Sealiner
Good reel, I have the Regal BRI (dual drag),use it light tackle with 4kg IGFA line.

Brother in law has Regal with braid, he's happy.
 
Those regals are great reels..good value for money...i bought myself a shimano slade 4000 packed with braid and have so far picked up many small fish but so the last one stands out the most, that being a 40cm brown skate....i never felt under gunned at any point....
 

Dingleberry

Senior Member
It is an excllent reel for the price. I have landed sizable cuta, queenfish etc with no hassles. Just don't get it wet 'cause it don't have no fancy anti-rust bearings.
 

Juan P

Senior Member
As Master said, he got the Shimano Slade - I would go for it, rather than the Daiwa Regal. The Shimano's (cheaper range), all have sealed bearings and is much more suited for the salt. The daiwa's in the more pricey range, like the Excellor has build it's own reputation in the salt, and is good value.

My 2c
 
Top