Daiwa Exceller Rod

Nick

Senior Member
I recently got a diawa exceller rod from a friend whos dad bought it here for him. Within the first week  of using the rod, the rod tip eye seems to have come apart. The inside of the eye has just popped out of the metal rim. He gave it to me as i am comming backl to cape town soon.

Does anyone know of somewhere I can take the rod to have it repaired and made like new? The rod is probably about 6 months old but only been used about 4 times. I am using braid.

Thanks Nick
 

humpfry

New member
not sure where u r . . . but im pretty sure that the kingfisher will sort it out for you . . . especially that it is only 6 months old . . .
 

goofball

New member
Howzit Nick. The same thing happened on my beast master a while ago (2nd session with the rod). Just get yourself a new tip and put it on yourself, it's pretty simple to do. Just make sure the tip is the right size for the rod!

Otherwise, im sure any respectable tackle shop in your area should be able to sort it out for you, quick-quick.

Good luck!
 

eviltoy

Senior Member
Guys at certain tackle stores will even do it for you if you buy the eye there. What area do you stay in in cape town?
 

Nick

Senior Member
Thanks for the info guys. Im moving back to Bergvliet. Ill pop in at the beloved Tuckers or Suburban. Any idea what an eye for braid would cost?
 

neilg

Sealiner
Nick wrote:
I recently got a diawa exceller rod from a friend whos dad bought it here for him. Within the first week  of using the rod, the rod tip eye seems to have come apart. The inside of the eye has just popped out of the metal rim. He gave it to me as i am comming backl to cape town soon.

Does anyone know of somewhere I can take the rod to have it repaired and made like new? The rod is probably about 6 months old but only been used about 4 times. I am using braid.

Thanks Nick
Seems to be a common problem, mine has done the same on the 2nd guide from the tip, only used a few times.
 

I&J

New member
The salesman at Tucker's showed me this rod. Felt really great. Then I noticed the eyes. Far too small. If I can get this rod with bigger eyes, it would be the ultimate rod before the invention of the Aerocaste.
 
 

neilg

Sealiner
Rip the guides off and replace them with bigger ones.

I will have mine and my sons rod done sooner rather than later !
 

zunaid

Senior Member
Hi guys can this be fixed, my son 2 years old snapped by brand new drop shot rod.
 

Attachments

  • IMG00055-20100407-2119.jpg
    IMG00055-20100407-2119.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 106

eviltoy

Senior Member
Eina im sure it can but the rod wont be the same. If i snap a rod i replace it rather as it will never be what i got used to
 
Top