[color=aqua][font=tahoma][size=4][color=navy]Hi al

Dry

New member
Hi all

Any input on the above venue?  Has anybody been there?

Facilities?
What to catch?
ETC?

Thanks:::S
 

Ryan

Sealiner
Yep been there.

Predominantly a flyfishing destination.

But can fish for all the species there.

I have caught yellows (LM and SM), muddies, Barbel, bass, and of course carp all on fly there.

What Facilities are you looking for?

 
 

Ryan

Sealiner
Haven't been there in a while - can't say I really looked.

Normally arrive @ sparrows and leave in the dark -just shoot through for the day.

Maybe there will someone else that can assist with that info

I prefer places like Benjo and Silverstroome they just have day facilities though and nothin for Kids another destination is Elgro lodge but hey expensive.
 

Dry

New member
Any other ideas of resorts or fishing spots on the vaal?
I am looking at a weekend away trip. Accomodation and some stuff to keep the kiddies busy.

Thanks
 

Couta

Member
Arendsnes has got trampoline's and some klim-en-klouter things if you keen on fly fishing it is good there wouldn't recomend it for carp fisherman though as there are better places the chalets are fine and isnt expensive at all.Phone them as they can further assist you 0169324822 0731665545
If you have any other questions I will gladly help
 

lerouxjaco

Senior Member
Arendnes if you stick to the right hand side of the campsite at the water, you will see a big reedbed in front of you drop the lines about two to three meters to the left of this reedbed close to the reeds. Believe me there is excellent carp at this spot, landed a few nice ones between three to six kg at this spot. The right hand side of the reedbed is not productive at all. This is one of my favourite spots on the vaal river
 
Top