Carp fishing on the vaal

nevillebarnard

New member
I did a session on the Vaal recently and the article about it was in tight lines mag two moths ago. the best bait for the Carp was either plain Peanuts on a hair rig or maize and tigers gluged in lots and lots of brown suger. Pynappel maize also worked well and tigers gluged in supercast onion worked aswell. hope that helps.
 

Niesh

New member
thanks bud will try it and I will advise how it goes,

I never used a hair rig befor I did a bit of research on it though but I still don't quit understand the concept ,
 

nevillebarnard

New member
send me your email address and I will send you the article and maybe something on hair rigs. my nr. 082 74 345 74 or nevillebarnard89@yahoo.com
 
If you're doing conventional, try sweet flavours of floaties - banana/banjo, cinnamon/perdeby, caramel usually work. Personally Im not keen on the smaller floaties, but that might also depend on your hook size. For traces, try rietvlei or baby-shoes. Dont forget the FX boldip, and maybe another strong attractent dip, eg TCP, garlic or onion. Earthworms can deliver, as can a plain white dough, made from cake flour and a little water or coldrink. Maize kernels can deliver good fish, and they can stay in the water longer than a floatie or dough, they dont come off the hook. The river can be challenging, and if you want sizers at the dam, you need distance. Here's a thread that may be useful, if you havent seen it yet:

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=35040&forum_id=80
 
Top