breede river

tauruck

Sealiner
I'm guessing here but I think what works for Shad will work for Garrick as well.

 
 

Attachments

  • SHAD on Chartreuse.jpg
    SHAD on Chartreuse.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 332

SAfish

Sealiner
Yes please!! You're correct, the top water ones will work for Garrick and Shad. For Kob I would suggest a Rapala or Bucktail with a very slow retrieve. Bounce it of the bottom. The old rule is to use bright colours on a clear day or clear water and darker colours on over cast or coloured water. Read the articles that Nielg wrote, they are like the very-very good and will answer all your questions.
 

danman1979

New member
I just came back from the breede and early morning (sunrise) the Garrick and shad were everywhere. The water was virtually boiling.

I had great fun with a chiselled nose plug, the small white ones.

Please please please just take the treble hook off the back and replace it with a single 4-5o. The trebles really harm the fish and if you really hook it properly, the fish is doomed.

I also crush the barb on the single hook for easy release.

Dan
 

christian.vn25

New member
Great Pics, have recently found the site and greatful for all the advice.
Just got into angling about aa year ago and learning every day and since I only get to the coast mayb 3 to 4 times a year I need to suck up as much info as possible.

Will be going to Breede river in March and can't wait. I'll be staying up the river just past what I know as the Riverine about 50km up the river if I remember correct. My best catch there was a Spotted grunter some years ago. Got a semi ridged rubberduck now and hopefully can access some more spots and fish :)

Well busy getting all the gear and doing prep in the meantime any advice will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
 

Slymslak

Senior Member
Thanks vir al die fotos ,great catches aswell,stirs up some fish fever in me,can catches of garick and elf be made in feb aswell??
 
Top