Boschkop

Sukkel maar

Senior Member
Howzit guys!!

I'm going fishing this weekend at Boschkop Vaal Dam.

Any tips you guys can give me? Exept for rain jacket. Doesn't look like the weather wants to play along this weekend. :ifishin
 

Naruto

Sealiner
Do a search. A lot has been said on this location. Try search aqua-via and steyns as well. Same area.
 

MielieBomb

New member
Been there 2 weeks ago, caught some big carps and yellows, used FX Snottys and dipped in perdeby wih dough backing was awesome.

Also carry some Garlic Floaties with garlic dip.

Regards happy Fishing
 

MielieBomb

New member
All the luck also note that at boschkop first cast about three mieliebombs let it land and reel your line in that will make a good feeding spot, mix mielie bomb with garlic dips it seems to call the fish, once you have your spot made just cast there happy fishing:raine oh and the weather is not gonna be dat good.
 

Sukkel maar

Senior Member
I'll definitly do that thanks.

I saw the weather won't be to good , but as long as the fishing goes well , all will be well. Otherwise I must just stock up with enough OBS. :raine
 

Sukkel maar

Senior Member
Thanks for the report. Light showers is still ok. I'm not to sure about that cold front though.

I'll let you guys know how it went on Monday if I'm not in hospital with longontsteking......
 

MielieBomb

New member
My Buddies are at Steyns at the moment, called them now they say that it is as hot as desert there, but that was after they finished 6 bottles klippies at 12:00pm today.

So yah i think klippies can influence the weather:fbash
 

Naruto

Sealiner
I am also going to the Vaal. Will be fishing Ardenza/Jokkie Nel. Had a lot of action there last time round. hopefully the bigger carp will be start coming out. I know patience will be key during the colder days.
 

Sukkel maar

Senior Member
LOL!! That's the way to go. My KWV Brandy (Koos wye voete) is already waiting for me.

Hopefully the catch will be good. Would like to get a few nice carbs out. :wfish
 

Sukkel maar

Senior Member
I even bought spare batteries , so those fish better put up a big smile....

They don't really have chalets. It's more like a container room. Not bad though , but it's far from the water. I prefer my tent to chalets in anycase. The ablution block is very , very neat.
 

Sukkel maar

Senior Member
I really don't have an idea. We useually go to Jim Fouche if we want to go in chalets and fish. They have these little fisherman's huts right at the water aswell , but most of the time we go in tents. Chalets is just better during the winter , but in summer tents are the best.
 
Top