Boat alarm life jackets and plaining

CAT STEVEN`S

New member
You can run the motor as long as you please with the muffs on. Provided there is water coming out the tell-tale, and it is not getting hot. Warm is OK. This you should do every 3 or 4 weeks anyway to keep the motor lubed and the battery charged. Dont rev it excessively either.
 

fstf roller

Senior Member
mmm 17 is the pitch of your prop ie how many inches the prop willtake the boat forward in one full revulotion 17 sounds good to me for your setup!
 

YamYam

New member
Hi, congrats with your first boat ! Hope you have sorted out all your initial problems.
I also own a Scimitar 160 which was converted into a all rounder fishing boat Not perfect , but can be used for fun and fishing. Especially the fuel tank behind the seat.
It is a pain to take out for filling with petrol. If you are intersted i can share the things i did.
 

Attachments

  • ArabiekurpersApril2010 007.jpg
    ArabiekurpersApril2010 007.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 57

hvdbergh

New member
Hi yam yam thanks for the kind words appreciated, I see our boats are similar will use it for fun now, should I want to convert I shall approach you for advise. If I may ask what yamaha motor do you have and how much did you pay for your scimitar?
 

YamYam

New member
Bought the boat for R23 000-00 from a guy who left the country,It had a 115
Mariner straight 6 on....heavy on juice and a heavy motor as well.Weight distibution not good at all.Took a lot of effort to plane. I sold the Mariner and bought a 85 Yamaha. What a diffirence ....! A much better combination. With the petrol tanks beneath the back seat the weight distribution is great.It almost planes immediately.
 

Fanie

Sealiner
No they won't cause any damage. You can run the motor unlimited as long as you supply enough water for the motor to keep cool.

Did you check for blockages in the tell tail hose ? You don't have to start the motor to check ;-)
 

Fanie

Sealiner
Those mariners were heavy on fuel ! The Yamaha is better.

The 17 prop is a bit on the short side, you can probably put a 21 pitch on that 115 and that boat. Ask the boat spares guys to loan you a prop to test. If you go over 5500 rpm on the 19 then go 21 pitch. If you ski then you may want to stick to what you have. The lower pitch prop has more torque for pull away but has a lower top speed.
 

hvdbergh

New member
You got it for a big bargain, I googled for some time before I boaght my boat and a well looked after boat in that class you will not pay less than R40K?

enjoy
 

lemon

Senior Member
Fanie wrote:
Oh yes, re life jackets. If you can loan some in the meantime. The new approved life jackets will be available soon. There currently are no legal life jackets available.

Don't ask.
The new Jackets are out!!! I have the orange ones for R410 now thats a bloody bargain!!
 

lemon

Senior Member
lol!! we sell them for price !! jackets have gone up with the newer regulations in place as they add to improve on the product!!
 
Top